Fabiola Aranda is the HawkCard Assistant Manager, UC Admin and Vending Assistant, and Campus Food Pantry Coordinator. Learn more about her!

What does an average day look like working in the UC? What are your day to day responsibilities?

I am the HawkCard Assistant Manager, UC Admin and Vending Assistant, and Campus Food Pantry Coordinator. Day to day, I make sure that the HawkCard Office is running smoothly with the help of the HawkCard Office Manager, CynDee Sentieri. We make sure that the best customer service is given to all customers who come to our office. We aid in any questions that need to be answered that relates to the HawkCard, the weekly meal plans, MyMeals, Purple Points and many more! I also help out with Dining and Vending reconciliation as well as help coordinate day to day operations at our new Campus Food Pantry. I am many hats, but my main goal is to help out anyone who needs it with what I can!

What does being a UC employee mean to you?

To me, it means to be part of a great team that challenges me to be a greater person. I always try to ask the right questions and go to the right person for the answer, everyone is always so helpful! I also have found helping and mentoring our student staff is something that is a great passion of mine.

What has been the most memorable/unusual day working in the UC? 

I feel like anytime there is a problem that needs to be solved and being a detective in finding the appropriate solution is always something I keep with me, there are too many instances where this happens and every time I have felt so good about solving a problem.

What is one piece of advice you can give to current UWW students?

My one piece of advice, is to never be afraid to ask for help! Whether it is class related or work related or just in general! We are all human and if you are stuck, have someone help you get unstuck!

What is an accomplishment that you are most proud of?

I am most proud of being the first in my family to graduate with my bachelor’s degree, as well as raising my little family starting right after I graduated!!

What is your favorite item in your office/desk? Is there a story behind it?

I love my pictures that I have of my family, they keep me motivated!