Gilbert Villas: Resident District Manager

Gilbert Villas, Current Resident District Manager started with A’viands in August 2006 opening A’viands first higher education account in Minnesota.  After being at that college for two years I moved to the position of Resident District Manager in downtown Minneapolis.  I was in that role for a little over 4 years, after that I became District Manager, overseeing MN, ND, SD, WI and NM.  After lots of traveling I decided to take the role here at UW-Whitewater as the Resident District Manager.

Chris Przylucki: Operations Manager of Retail Dining

Hometown: Buffalo, NY

Education: Associates in Food & Beverage Management & Bachelors of Hospitality Management from Johnson & Wales University Denver, CO

Background: My first position after graduating from Johnson & Wales University was with the Levy Restaurant Group doing backstage catering at the Pepsi Center in Denver for the professional NBA Denver Nuggets and NHL Colorado Avalanche. My next career move took me to managing my own Panera Bread store in the Denver Tech Center. I joined A’viands in 2012 and my first college that I managed was in Elko, Nevada. Shortly after I was recruited to help open the largest dining facility at the time for A’viands at Southern Oregon University where I helped build the program for 3 years before transferring to Cochise College in Southern Arizona. There I managed a multi-campus program that spanned all across the Southern Region of Arizona. This past summer I had the great opportunity to be a part of the opening A’viands team here at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater as the Retail Operations Manager.

Hobbies/Passions: Spending time with my 6 month old son Emmett, Golfing, and the Buffalo Bills

Stephanie Mankowski: Operations Manager of Residential Dining

I am originally from Iowa and was raised on a farm.  As an only child on the farm, I was well versed in raising Hogs, planting fields, and installing field drainage tile.   I attended Junior College in a neighboring city where I majored in business.  Much to my parent’s dismay, I moved to Davenport, Iowa and started working in the Hospitality industry.  I became a Nightclub Manager and did that for quite a few years and then decided to go into the Restaurant industry where I moved around opening Restaurants for the Machine Shed.  I moved to Wisconsin and opened the Wisconsin Machine Shed.  I met my future husband and continued on with my passion of opening restaurants by opening another Machine Shed, 2 Applebee’s and 3 Panera Breads.  I then went into contract food Service where I worked in Healthcare, Corrections, Business Dining and Higher Education.  I have been all over the United States acting as Support for Corrections as well as Safety Champion for Wisconsin and Illinois.

I am happily married to Mike Mankowski and we have a wonderful daughter named Grace who is a sophomore at Stevens Point.

I am currently the Operations Director for Residential Dining at the University of Whitewater.

Jeffrey Willis: Executive Residential Dining Chef

I have always had a passion for food service even as a child. I would bake cakes with my mother as often as I could. I started working in restaurants when I was 13 as a bus boy. I moved up to dishwasher and remained in that role until I was 17. I graduated to fry cook and prep cook. At 18 I started working the line as the grill cook and by the age of 20 I was running my own kitchen at a place called BJ Wentkers in Burlington, Wisconsin. I did the circuit in my 20’s and managed a few kitchens around southeastern Wisconsin. I worked at Pier 290 in Williams Bay as well as harbor house in Milwaukee. Most of my culinary background is in fine dining. I ended up back at BJ Wentkers in 2012 and stayed there until July of 2015. I got married and had a child so I moved to corporate kitchens with Buca di Beppo in downtown Milwaukee being my first stop. I stayed there for a little over a year and decided to try higher education dining at UW-Parkside. I have been at UW-Parkside for the last year and a half and am now transferring to Whitewater. I live in Burlington, Wisconsin with my wife Samantha. I have 2 children, Hanlin my 3-year-old son and Marley my 18-month daughter

William C Klopp III: Executive Chef to Catering and Retail

I was born and raised in Milwaukee WI and have spent most of my life here in Wisconsin. I have been in the food service industry since I was honorably discharged from the Army in 1989. I spent 16 years at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee as Executive Sous Chef, catering to the Milwaukee Bucks and many stars from Garth Brooks to Metallica. I also had the opportunity to run 2 bowling centers in Milwaukee for 7 years before coming to UW Whitewater in July of 2016. I have been with A’viands since they came on board here at Whitewater.

I have a son, Jordan and a daughter, Lauren who is married to Brian and they have 2 children Henry and Rachel with their third due this month, January.

Joel Meagher: Marketing Manager

Joel Meagher, Current Marketing Manager for the UW-Whitewater Dining Services. Started with A’viands in June 2017, opening A’viands largest higher education account in Wisconsin.  I am originally from Schaumburg, Illinois and graduated from UW-Whitewater in 2017. My previous experience in food service was as a Student Manager for 2 years at Prairie Street Market while attending UW-Whitewater.

Leah Picardel: Catering Director

I have worked in the food industry for several years, starting out as a wedding and event coordinator at Hawks View Golf Course. It was there that I realized my love for events and the one on one with clients.

In 2013, I decided to make a change and came to the UW-W Campus to begin working with Chartwells as a catering coordinator. In December of 2015 I was promoted to Catering Director and in June of 2017 with the change of company contracts I am now The Catering director for A’viands.

Mitchel Pinkelman: Esker Hall Manager

I am from the small town of Wynot, NE. My first exposure to the food industry was when my family started a small catering business when I was 10 years old. After high school I went to UNL and got my degree in hospitality management. I worked for several companies after that and ended up working for A’viands at Mount Marty College as the director there for 5 years before coming here.

Shawn Holmes: Drumlin Hall Manager

Hi I’m Shawn.  I have been in the hospitality industry for 23 years.  My experience started as a student worker in the college cafeteria when I was in college.  I have worked a variety of hotels over my years in the industry, and have owned a sub and pasta shop.  I am happy to start a new chapter of my career here at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, and with A’viands.  I look forward to meeting and taking care of you in the years to come.