It’s that time again! Bonfires, cookouts and cool evenings followed by late nights!
Here are some of my favorite summer cookouts:

For those of you living on campus this summer, take advantage of the grills located throughout campus. If you’re living in Whitewater, find somebody with a grill! Get rid of that George Foreman “counter-top grill” and go enjoy the hot summer sun and make yourself something delicious.

If you’re somebody who boils or microwaves their hot dogs, I encourage you, from the bottom of my heart to use the grill.

1. I love a good BBQ. Brats, burgers and sausages.

• The brats and sausages are easy. Just head on over to the store and pick up some bratwurst and Italian sausage. Once you get the grill going, turn up the heat and let them sizzle. Cover them and let them cook for about 10-15 minutes while you flip them over occasionally. I like mine to be crispy, so I always wait a little longer until you see crisp pop up. Top them with your favorites: mustard, ketchup, pickle relish and onion are my choices.
  • The burgers may require some work. Grab yourself some ground beef, eggs, A-1 steak sauce and some breadcrumbs. In a bowl, smash together all of these ingredients. After that, roll some patties. Once your patties are ready for the grill, put them on there for about 8-9 minutes. Be sure to flip them halfway through. In the last 30 seconds or so, place your cheese on the patty so it starts to melt. Once the patties are cooked and ready, start to build your burger. Start with the essentials: pickle, tomato, onion & lettuce. Then add your condiments: ketchup, mustard and mayonnaise!  Finally, top it off with a fried egg. *insert yummy noises*

2. You need some sides. Why not grill up some corn on the cob? Place the corn on the grill on high heat for about 15-20 minutes. The corn will be ready once the kernels are tender. The husks are a natural steamer, so don’t take those off! Once the corn is ready, take the husks off, butter them up and then enjoy!

3. While at the store, pick yourself up some of the other essential sides. Potato chips and potato salad are my go-tos! CARBS!

4. What are you drinking? Make yourself some Sun Tea throughout the day by putting a pitcher with water and tea bags in the sun all day long. You could also make yourself some fresh lemonade. If neither one of those tickles your fancy,  just grab a soda-pop and call it a day!