You decided to spend your precious summer months here in Whitewater rather than your hometown… now what? Instead of spending countless hours watching episodes of Netflix and scrolling through your Facebook timeline, here are a few things that can keep you off of the couch.
- Work on your tan at Whitewater Lake beach. Whitewater lake beach also features two boat landings and docks. Take your reels and fishing nets out and try catching some Panfish, Largemouth Bass, Northern Pike, and Walleye.
- Go for a walk behind Perkins Stadium through the wooded trails and prairie. You can find a map of the trails at the bottom of Schwager hill or on the university’s cross-country page.
- Bike ride or rollerblade on the bike path that’ll take you through downtown Whitewater and by Trippe Lake.
- Take advantage of the student movie deals at the Cinemas of Whitewater. Go on Tuesdays and only pay $5!
- Participate in intramural sports! The UW-Whitewater IM department has sand volleyball and 3v3 basketball all summer long.
- Drive 10 minutes outside of Whitewater to the town of La Grange for challenging hiking trails! If you’re feeling adventurous take your mountain bike out on their biking trails.
- Utilize the free Frisbee golf course here on campus. The course is located by the intramural fields. Students can check out Frisbees in the Williams Center with their HawkCard.
- Cool off by swimming in the Williams Center pool. Students are eligible to swim for free with their HawkCard.
- Catch up on summer reading on the UC balcony that overlooks campus. Need some new books to read? Visit the Anderson Library on campus. During the summer, they are open Monday-Friday from 8am-4:30pm.
- Browse around the Whitewater City Market at Cravath Lakefront in downtown Whitewater. The market has local products for sale such as plants, produce, bread, cheese, pottery, art, and other handmade crafts. Also featured at the market are food carts, free live music, and abundant seating making it a perfect place for a picnic. The City market is open every Tuesday from 3:30-7:30 through October.
- Join us here at the University Center for the Summer on the Mall series! Come for fun, food, games, and crafts! They will be held on June 20, July 18, and August 8 from 11-1p.m. at the UC North Mall.
Don’t waste your precious summer months inside. Take some time to explore, be adventurous, try new activities, and create everlasting memories with friends and family in the beautiful city of Whitewater, Wisconsin.