Today we sat down in Reservationist Ann Kraus for more details on the Special Event Submission that’s currently going on and additional services that UC Reservations has to offer registered student organizations!
1. The Reservations Office is now accepting Special Events Request forms for Fall 2012 and Spring/Summer 2013 semesters. Can you tell us the process in which student, faculty and staff can go about reserving the dates they need?
Students may either come to the Reservations office and pick up a form or they can fill one out on-line and send it to us.
2. What advice do you have for students who want to host a special event?
Have as much of your information ahead of time as possible. This would include: what you are doing, head count, set up style, catering needs, any computer/tech needs. This way we can reserve a room that will accommodate your event needs the best.
3. The Reservations Office reserves rooms not only in the UC but other campus buildings as well. What other buildings does Reservations reserve rooms for and how do students go about reserving these rooms?
We reserve rooms for Esker and classrooms/lecture halls in the academic buildings. We do have information for contacts in all of the other buildings as well so students can always come to us with any reservation needs.
4. The Reservations Office has multiple promotional options for recognized student organizations. Can you tell us a little bit more about what tools Reservations offers for student orgs?
We have banner space in the UC, inside and outside. Signboard space all around the campus. A display case on the second floor. We also are putting together an information board for our office that will let students know what is going on all over the UC. Another thing we do is post Daily Event sheets all over the UC as well as the information that can be found on-line.
5. What service do you find most beneficial for student orgs and why?
A student org can really promote their event in many ways all around the UC. I believe if they utilize all that we can offer their event will be a success.