Hope many of you stayed in Whitewater and enjoyed Family Fest.
BIG, BIG NEWS: There is now a FREE iPhone/iPod/iPad app for the UW-W HawkCard Office!!!
To use the app:
- Register with the Online HawkCard Office. (If you have used the Online HawkCard Office before, you can skip this step.)
- Download the app from the App Store.
- If the link doesn’t work, search the App Store for “UW-W HawkCard”
- Install on your iOS device.
In other Purple Point News and Info:
- The list of off-campus businesses that accept Purple Points is available from the HawkCard Office web site. Remember that Rocky Rocco’s Pizza and Rosa’s Pizza accept Purple Points.
- Places you probably didn’t know (or don’t remember) you can use your Purple Points.
- Library Circulation Desk for fines, late fees and other charges.
- Food for Thought Café on the main floor in the Library.
- Textbook rental for fines, late fees and book purchases.
- Registrar’s Office for official transcripts.
- Jitters Coffeehouse in Wells Hall.
- Deloitte Café in Hyland Hall.
- Health Center
- UC Info Services
- Warhawk Alley
- Ticket Services Box Office in the CA.
Question from UW-W students and parents: “Why doesn’t (fill in name of a Whitewater business) accept Purple Points?”
Each Whitewater merchant has to make their own business decisions regarding whether or not it’s worth being a part of the Purple Point program. All businesses off-campus must pay a commission to be a part of the program. Some of them feel the Purple Point program is worth paying the commission, others feel it’s not worth it. The HawkCard Office won’t pressure them into accepting the Purple Points. We only encourage them to consider being a part of the program and point out the possibility of increased business to their store. Nonetheless, the business/merchant always makes the final decision.
That’s all for this week.
David J. Halbach, Interim Associate Director
James R. Connor University Center