News and Info from UW-W HawkCard Office – September 14, 2011
A reminder that the HawkCard Office is open Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
This week’s Meal Plan info:
- The last day to change your meal plan for the Fall Semester is Friday, September 16th by 3:00 pm. You can make a change either online or in person at the HawkCard Office, UC 250. Sorry, no phone call changes are accepted.
- You can use your meal plan in the UC for breakfast in the Schaefer Commons or Willie’s 360. Check the University Dining web site or blog for details.
- You can use your meal plan in the UC for dinner in the DU at “Uno due Go” after 6:00 PM. Check the University Dining web site or blog for details.
- You can use your Dining Dollars at the Deloitte Café in Hyland Hall, Food for Thought Café in the Library, or CA Café.
- You can use your Dining Dollars this Saturday at the Perkins Stadium concession stand during the Warhawk football game. Kick off time is 12 Noon. You MUST have your HawkCard with you to show at the gate for free admittance.
- Students living off-campus or commuting, you may want to consider signing up for the “My Meals” meal plan. You get a set number of meals for a set price. If you are interested in this plan, stop in the HawkCard Office to sign up or sign up online at the HawkCard web site.
- Saturday, October 1st, is Family Fest at UW-W. You WILL be able to use your meal plan at the picnic from 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM in the Kachel Field house. Sorry, you can’t use a “guest meal” during that particular meal period. Tickets for your family members for the picnic, football game and evening show in the Young Auditorium, can be purchased at the CA Box Office. All tickets for the Family Day picnic AND discounted football game tickets for your family must be purchased by 4:00 pm, September 26th. Stop in the First Year Experience Office, UC 245 if you have questions.
This week’s Purple Points info:
- You can charge Purple Point deposits to your student bill until 3:00 PM, Friday, October 7th. They don’t get added instantly to your account like credit card deposits do but it is a way for you to keep many/most of your UW-W expenses combined in one place on one bill.
- You should register with our “Online Card Office“. AFTER registering with the web site, you can make deposits to your Purple Point account, see your account balance, see where you last used your account or even suspend your account online. Just click the link “I’m new here” in the upper right corner of the web page to get started and follow the directions.
- You can use your Purple Points this Saturday at the Perkins Stadium concession stand during the Warhawk football game. Kick off time is 12 Noon. You MUST have your HawkCard with you to show at the gate for free admittance.
A couple of HawkCard safety reminder:
- Always keep your ID number, and HawkCard, safe and secure! Never give your ID number or HawkCard to another student unless it’s absolutely necessary.
- When paying with your Purple Points, always present your card to the cashier or delivery driver for picture verification AND insist on signing the receipt from the Purple Point card reader used at the off-campus businesses. We continue to hear from students that delivery drivers never ask to see their HawkCard or have them sign the receipt for the delivery. YOU SHOULD DO BOTH! If you ever have a dispute with an off-campus business about an order/delivery, your signature on the receipt (or lack of signature) could help prove your case. It’s your money, please be careful with it. The businesses are told to always have the drivers check the HawkCard picture and have the receipts signed, but the drivers don’t always do what they are told.
Staying on campus and looking for something to do this weekend? Check the Whitewater Weekends web site or the UW-W Events Calendar. You’ll probably be surprised at the number of things to do in and around Whitewater on weekends.
Be sure to contact us any time you have questions, concerns or comments about your HawkCard, meal plan or Purple Points.
That’s all for this week.
David J. Halbach, Interim Associate Director
James R. Connor University Center