Not So Popular Destinations In Wisconsin

There are so many places across Wisconsin that are underrated and I have yet to explore. Who am I kidding, there are just so many places everywhere I have yet to explore.

Here are some interesting places that I think you should visit:

Apostle Islands

Apostle Islands off the Bayfield Peninsula in northern Wisconsin. There are stunning rock formations, sea caves, and lighthouses to explore. There are also beaches, boat and sailing charters, kayaking, hiking, and camping to enjoy on the island.

PC: King Photography

Home to what once was a horse track and resort hotel, Paradise Springs is the perfect place to explore. Everything is is abandoned and overgrown. The natural spring served as a source of water for many in the 1960s. I love going here in the summer! It makes the perfect place to take a photoshoot at. The water is so crystal clear and freezing cold. As you can see by my latest photoshoot there, I took a little dip.

The late Tom Every, sculptor of the Forevertron

One of my favorite places to visit is Dr. Evermor’s Sculpture Park. I go there at least once a year! His park was even featured on American Pickers on the History Channel. The park is home to the largest scrap metal sculpture in the world, 50 ft. high, 120 ft. wide and weighs 300 tons: the Forevertron. I guarantee you will be amazed by his work and it is worth your time to visit. Did I mention the park is located only 25 minutes away from Wisconsin Dells?

Here is a link to an article about his work: https://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/2239

5 thoughts on “Not So Popular Destinations In Wisconsin”

• Dana thank you for sharing all these blogs this semester. Every time I read them I want to pack everything up and travel! The next 2 places on my bucket list for the summer are the apostle island and Paradise springs!

• Thank you for sharing these different places in Wisconsin to check out! This will be really nice for the summer and they look really interesting!

• What an intriguing list of not-so-popular destinations in Wisconsin! The Apostle Islands with their rock formations and sea caves sound like a hidden gem. Paradise Springs’ abandoned horse track and resort hotel offer a unique glimpse into the past, especially with the crystal-clear water making it perfect for a summer photoshoot. Dr. Evermor’s Sculpture Park, featuring the impressive Forevertron, is a must-visit, and it’s fascinating that it was even featured on American Pickers. Thanks for sharing these off-the-beaten-path treasures – definitely adding them to my travel wishlist! 🌍✨

And if you’re planning a visit to these Wisconsin wonders, the best time to explore would be during the late spring to early fall, when the weather is pleasant for outdoor activities and the natural beauty of these destinations is truly at its peak.

On a related note, if you’re considering a trip to Tulum, Mexico, it’s worth noting that the best time to visit Tulum is generally from November to December and March to May. During these months, you can enjoy the beautiful beaches, explore the ancient ruins, and partake in various water activities with comfortable temperatures and fewer crowds. Happy travels! 🌞