COVID-19 and Travel

Many of us are either panic buying toilet paper or enjoying our time binge watching shows on Netflix.

This global pandemic has put a damper on everyone’s travel plans, especially for spring break.

There are several travel bans, limited hours for many places and an overall social distancing recommendation. If you have made travel plans for these next few weeks, I am so sorry. This virus was not foreseen and a lot of these changes are happening all at once.

My recommendation as well as the CDC is to stay home. Limit your exposure time. Although most of us will be just fine and the death rate is very minuscule, there are still many, many people out there who are susceptible. Do your part. Wash your hands and we will all get though this.

Just remember, if you plan to travel and book that $65 round trip flight to wherever, most likely everything, if not most places will be shutdown. There is no point to make yourself venerable or become a carrier all for a little “fun in the sun”.

Everything will still be there once the world recovers! You are not the only one this virus has effected, just be patient and soon enough you will be sipping margaritas on the beach next to me.

6 thoughts on “COVID-19 and Travel”

• Thank you for this PSA. There are too many people all over the world who refuse to take this situation seriously which continually causes more spread of COVID-19. Everything will still be there in the end, people just need to learn some patience.

• As sad as staying home can be, traveling is out of the option for us at the moment like you said. It sadly ruined spring break plans and plans in the future! It is important to focus on what is safe though for everyone and stay at home!

• Its a great reminder that this virus hasn’t just affected on person. While its disappointing, there are so many things that are more important than a trip.

• I appreciate that you recognized COVID-19 in your travel blog! It has affected many plans for spring break as well as personal travel experiences. Life is more valuable than a trip that can be rescheduled.

• I had to cancel my trip over spring break because of this virus. I hope things clear up soon.