And here… is where the magic runs out. 🙁

However, back in January, I was nervous, yet optimistic about this game. Sure, the Falcons were on fire, but so were we after that miracle win in Dallas. Right? RIGHT??? Exhibit A: my dad texting me before the game.

Dad, always the optimist. Until Matt Ryan throws 3 touchdowns against us. Then the angry swearing starts.

So I had hope. Buuuuut that hope quickly disappeared, as – you remember what happened – the Packers ended up losing this one 44-21. The Falcons jumped ahead of the Packers by a whopping 31 points before the Pack even put any of their own points up. The Green Bay offense only registered three touchdowns, one each from Jared Cook, Davante Adams, and a still-injured Jordy Nelson. The offense also had a lot of costly drops, and Ripkowski had a costly end-zone fumble. Overall, Aaron Rodgers and his squad on the offensive side of the ball just couldn’t get it done.

So here we are, in the first half, getting completely spanked. And now, a glimpse into the Martino family group chat.

Spoiler alert: The taquitos did not help.

The defense was so bad that there are actually no words in the English language to describe it.

I mean, that’s pretty much true. The secondary had SO many whiffed chances for picks, and they just never executed. Injuries obviously didn’t help, as was the case all season. Matt freakin’ Ryan ran in a touchdown against our defense, as well. Needless to say, this defense’s inability to perform had many Packer fans calling for Dom Capers’ head. And Ted Thompson’s. And Mike McCarthy’s……..

So, that’s where the Packers’ season ended. It was an insane ride that ended in heartbreaking fashion. As usual, am I right?

My next post will be a wrap-up of sorts. It’ll detail what we need to do better and heck, maybe there’ll even be a little draft preview. We’ll see. . .