On we roll in our four-week journey of quasi-football! Week 2 of the preseason brought the Oakland Raiders to Titletown, and the Packers were ready to take them on. So ready, in fact, that running back Eddie Lacy had an explosive 20-yard run on the first drive of the game.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Later on that same drive, Lacy dove over the plane for a one-yard touchdown. That offseason P90X seemed like it was doing its job wonderfully.

Shortly after that, we had a classic Packers move:

In the second quarter, Packers second-string QB Brett Hundley was sidelined by an ankle injury, which caused the Internet at large to jump to conclusions/immediately become anxious about his safety. Luckily, “Average” Joe Callahan finished out the game, going 9/17 for 65 yards.

After a field goal from Oakland’s Sebastian “Seabass” Janikowski and a long streak of punts from both teams, a touchdown came for the Packers, in the form of a 10-yard run from John Crockett. This drive included five touches for Crockett, and his TD run was explosive.

A field goal from Mason Crosby and a Raiders field goal from Janikowski brought the score up to 17-6, Packers. Then, out of nowhere, rookie Josh Hawkins picked off Raiders QB Connor Cook and returned it 47 yards before being downed. There was one more field goal from Crosby, and a Raiders TD off of a blocked punt near the end of the fourth quarter, but the Packers came out on top 20-12 over the Raiders.

There were some little things that stood out to me in this game. Firstly, Joe Callahan really did remind me of Brett Favre in this game – lots of scrambling around in the pocket trying to find a man.

Linebacker Blake Martinez also looked seriously impressive to me as well. He had five total tackles, and was generally pretty successful at stopping the run. I was 100% on the Martinez hype train.

Lastly, rookie O-lineman Jason Spriggs kept getting mauled by… Khalil Mack? It still baffles me why the Raiders left their starters in for so long, especially when Spriggs kept getting murdered by Mack. Either way, it was evident to me that Spriggs would need a lot of work to step his game up.

Next week, the Packers take a jaunt out to San Fran to battle the 49ers, the one team that, once the regular season came, I ended up completely forgetting existed. Whoops.