Take a Seat. Enjoy the Game. Welcome to the Student Section.

Welcome!

This is my first official blog for the Student Section and my first official blog in general. I know exactly what you’re thinking… What the hell is this? For those of you who know me know this is not my cup of tea but who knows maybe you’ll learn something new and maybe I will as well. My name is Conor Bizik and I’m a senior at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater. This blog will mainly focus on sports given the appropriate name the “Student Section.” Along with that I am trying my hardest to start a podcast yet my roommate will not give in and be my second voice. 

So let’s talk about sports… and let’s talk about the San Diego Padres. Holy lineup. Little quick story about me: I don’t have a favorite team in any other sport other than baseball. Mainly because I grew up playing baseball. I am a Padres fan. Pretty weird for being born in Illinois and going to school in a winter wonderland to like a team in a state I have never stepped foot in. The reason I like the Padres is simple yet weird. Throwback like ten years ago the Padres were basically the Browns of the MLB. Just a shit-show. Therefore, I picked the shittiest team. Ten years later and I’m 100% telling you to bet the house they will be in the World Series. Minus the Dodgers stupid stacked team I think San Diego’s got one this year. A man can only dream. For the Brewers fans reading, they stink, I hate them, I hate Christian Yelich. That’s the Chicago in me for you.

Next week I’ll run through a list of divisions and where I think everyone will rank. Again thank you for stopping by the site and I hope you enjoyed this little first blog. I’m looking forward to growing this brand and hoping to put out great content for everyone to enjoy. Leave a comment on what you want to hear!

Peace & Love

5 thoughts on “Take a Seat. Enjoy the Game. Welcome to the Student Section.

1. Damn man you didn’t have to do Yeli like that. All jokes aside The Padres are going to be a fun team to watch this year, I love Tatis Jr and the electricity that he brings to baseball, players like him help bring in new fans.

2. The Padres lineup is going to be a very scary team to face off against with their recent pick ups of Yu Darvish and Blake Snell. Though I think they are an incredible team, a team that would win any division in baseball, expect maybe the one they are in. The Dodgers are an incredible team that I don’t see losing to the Padres. The reason for this is depth, the Padres are great but if anything happens to their team injury wise, I don’t think they would be the Dodgers, even if they are also riddled with injuries. Awesome first blog, I love baseball and am excited to see your post next Friday!

3. I think this idea is very cool, especially because I know nothing about sports, so ill be reading your blog so I can actually have comments when my boyfriend tries to talk about this with me, lol!

4. I saw you hated the Brewers and I swear I almost put this blog on my block list. Kidding aside, The Padre are stacked this year and I think can go the distance. Honestly they remind me kind of the Royals teams that went to the world series back to back in 2014 & 2015. They had a bunch of young guys that panned out and were able to combine them with veteran guys to win a championship. They had Hosmer, Moustakes, Cain, Escobar, and a bunch of other guys. Unfortunately, they weren’t able to get those guys to resign. That’s why I kind of like the Tatis deal because he is a star that you want to have on your team. I look forward to reading your future blog posts.

5. I thought this blog was very entertaining to read. I can see your personality within your writing which makes me like this blog a lot more than a boring professional one. I don’t know much about sports but am interested to hear more about what you have to say.