Rap/Hip-hop/ and R&B has undoubtedly become my go-to for music listening these days. Sure I listen to other genres like Alternative Rock, Classic Rock, EDM, etc. but to me nothing else compares to rap/hip-hop/r&b. It started about two or three years ago when I started to follow music much closer than I had in the past and began following rap and hip-hop almost religiously. I began checking the popular blogs everyday for new singles from any notable rapper hoping to find good music. I would find a new song that would top the last song that I found and it would make me want more. I continually fell in love with the music genre with every passing song. While I do have a great love for the genre, I can admit that the culture that arises from this genre is not very inclusive of all people. Rap and hip-hop is notoriously famous for being insensitive to women and people who identify as LGBTQ. These themes of objectifying women are distasteful but unfortunately they will continue to exist and only makes listening to rappers like Logic, who are socially conscious and respect people of all kinds that much better. Rappers who regularly demean women are only hurting themselves as they could be gaining plenty of fans in the women that listen to hip-hop. Hip-hop and rap also does not produce the right influence for children and teens as they over-promote the use and sale of drugs along with the use of firearms to kill other people. While all of these influences often create negative perceptions of the genre, I will likely still closely follow and consume the music. I have developed an infatuation for the genre and many of the rappers who carry it. Artists like Mac Miller, Wiz Khalifa, A$AP Rocky, Nav, and Future are my favorites and a few of many that I would deeply miss if I had stopped keeping up on the news and new releases. I also would not be able to witness the the current reign that some of the greats like Lil Wayne, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole, and Kanye West are on right now and how they will influence the genre going forward with their future albums and singles. All in all, as long as Rap/Hip-hop/R&B continues to regularly released and as long as those releases sound like gold in my ears, I will still be a rap fan for life.