Ricky Rozay unveils another high quality rap album adding to his already long list of works. Rather You Than Me  is Ross’s ninth studio album and first since he released Black Market back in 2015. Rozay’s last two releases, Black Market and  Hood Billionaire have been sub par in my opinion, where quality has been sacrificed for quantity in an effort to simply put something out for his fans and to make more money. Don’t get me wrong, each of those two albums has several great songs but the projects as a whole were not as high quality as his previous albums. Being led by the single “I Think She Like Me” featuring Ty Dolla Sign, Rather You Than Me is complete with 14 songs and about as many features. Featured artists on Rather You Than Me include Nas, Gucci Mane, Future, Jeezy, Yo Gotti, Young Thug, Wale, Meek Mill, Dej Loaf, and others. The album also features voice appearances by the legendary comedian Chris Rock in a song or two. The album peaked at #3 on the U.S. Billboard 200 and #2 on the U.S. Billboard Top R&B/Hip-hop albums.

Ross already has plans for his next and tenth studio album as he is supposedly preparing to release it this year. He announced while on a visit to a local radio station in Miami that his tenth album would be titled, Port of Miami 2: Born To Kill. This is would be the sequel to his debut album, Port of Miami.

My Top 5 Songs from Rather You Than Me

1. Idols Become Rivals featuring Chris Rock

2. Dead Presidents featuring Future, Jeezy, Yo Gotti

3. Lamborghini Doors featuring Meek Mill, Anthony Hamilton

4. Seven Seventeen featuring Yo Gotti

5. She On My Dick featuring Gucci Mane

My Overall Rating

4.5/5