Food, Potatoes, Tater Talk

My Favorite Pre-Made Potato Products

It’s no surprise that over the years, I’ve come to find just about every potato product I can get my hands on. Naturally, people suggest potato products to me, too. I guess it just comes with the territory when you’re THE potato connoisseur to all of your friends and family!

I come here today with one purpose: to bring to you the potato products that I hope will bring you as much joy as they have for me. I couldn’t imagine making you wait a second longer to hear about them, so here they are! (I am in no way sponsored or affiliated with any of these potato brands, but I wouldn’t say no if the opportunity arose (!))

Idahoan Microwaveable Potato Cups

Image result for microwaveable potatoes in a cup

Picture this: It was the summer before my freshman year of college, and I was sitting at home when my mom brings in the groceries. Imagine my surprise when she pulls these cups out, and says that she bought them with me in mind. I swear I have the coolest mom around. She just gets me, ya know? Anyways, fast forward to freshman year of college. These things came in clutch so many times. Needed a snack? I made these things. Wanted a light lunch or dinner? Easy peezy lemon squeezy, I made these. Literally all you have to do is add water to the mix, stir it up and throw it in the microwave for a little bit. WOW. I give all the credit to whoever thought these up.

Simply Potatoes Diced PotatoesImage result for simply potatoes diced

I give sole credit to the good ole Piggly Wiggly I worked at for five years for this discovery. We carried them for the longest time, and one day I decided to try them on for size. (The first one I tried was their hash browns, but just switch the word diced potatoes on the packaging to hash browns and you can find them easily). I used those for a breakfast skillet, and I used the diced potatoes for the same purpose! These are the best, especially when I don’t wanna go to great lengths to get my potato fix. 10/10 would recommend.

The Little Potato Company Microwave Potatoes

Image result for little potato company

These are also the best. This packaging comes with small red potatoes and seasoning. All that’s necessary from you is to toss the potatoes in olive oil, heat them up in the microwave, and pour the seasoning on top. These could be served with literally anything because they’re the perfect compliment to a meal. The seasoning puts them ahead of the red potato game because it requires no effort from you to figure out how to season the potatoes and what seasonings to buy. A potato that basically does it all for you. This is something I can get behind.

While there are many others, these are my top three that I will stay faithful to forever. I hope you can come to love them as much as I do one day.