Food, Potatoes, Recipes, Tater Talk

Chicken Potato Bake

Once again, Pinterest did not disappoint me with a potato recipe! One day, there I was, just minding my own business. I decided to log onto Pinterest (like one does) and stumbled upon this recipe. To say I was excited was an understatement.

Casseroles are the best, and casseroles with potatoes simply make the world go round. Let me explain. Casseroles are everything in one place. There’s no need to mix your food, it’s already mixed for you! Your entire meal can be scooped up onto your plate. What a time to be alive.

Chicken Potato Bake

You’ll need:

• 4 medium sized potatoes – you can use russet, Idaho, or red but leave the peel on
  • 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken – can use chicken thighs or chicken breasts
  • 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • optional: chopped parsley for flavor

What you’ll need to do:

1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Dice the potatoes and toss them into a large bowl. Add the garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper on top and toss to coat the potatoes.
  3. Spray a large 13 x 9 baking dish with non-stick spray and spread the potatoes evenly in the dish.
  4. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the baking dish from the oven.
  5. Place the diced up chicken in the dish, nestling them into the potato mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes are browned.
  6. Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the top, and bake for a few more minutes to melt the cheese completely.
  7. Add chopped parsley on top, if desired.

Rather than not knowing what to cook and scratching your head in wonder, try this dish out tonight! I swear it’s more delicious than you could possibly imagine.

Enjoy!