God Burgers Recipe

God burgers? Am I really THAT presumptuous? Yes, yes I am. There are many ways to cook a burger and many more ways to season one. I’m not going to get fancy in today’s recipe (we can save that for another day), but if you haven’t read my Lamb Leg Steak recipe, I will introduce you to the one and only seasoning you should always keep in stock. Cavender’s All Purpose Greek Seasoning. This Greek seasoning was introduced to me in my old Boy Scout days as the secret ingredient used essentially in everything. Potatoes? Greek seasoning. Veggies? Greek seasoning. Burgers? Greek season it to hell and back. Mac and Cheese? Greek seasoning!!! (though for that one I vouch for cinnamon topping)

While I will admit, having a charcoal or wood burning grill to cook your burgers will always be the absolute way to go, I had to do mine pan cooked. Tis one of the unfortunate parts about school in Wisconsin, it is cold and people will likely ask me why I’m starting up one of the outdoor grills at 2am when I normally make these recipes (yes, I’m a night owl). So if you have the chance, I would fire one of the grills up and make these lovely burgers, especially since it is getting warmer out!

Ingredients

Directions

1. Put meat in a large bowl and add salt, pepper, and Greek seasoning.
  2. Mix with hands, folding seasoning in to the meat until it is well mixed.
  3. Form meat into balls for each patty.
  4. Bring pan to medium-high heat over stove.
  5. Once water can evaporate on contact, add butter and let melt.
  6. Add patty and press down flat with spatula.
  7. Allow to cook for about 30 seconds then flip and press down flat again.
  8. Cook for about 3-5 minutes on both sides.
  9. Serve with preferred toppings and enjoy~!

By Ian Berendsen on March 29th, 2021

All media shown are created by Ian Berendsen and are property of Disaga Corp. Entertainment. Use without permission is prohibited.

9 thoughts on “God Burgers Recipe”

1. I can’t say that I’ve ever tried Greek seasoning before, but I do always enjoy trying new seasonings to grill with. My go-to seasoning right now for burgers is a smokehouse maple (I can’t remember the brand right now and I just ran out so I don’t have the jar). Next time I go to the store I’ll have to pick up some greek seasoning and try it out!

2. I make a similar sandwich like this but mine is more so with an english muffin and an egg to resemble the sausage egg mcmuffin at McDonalds. I think this is a great easy recipe especially for us college kids!

3. Looks like an interesting way to prepare a burger. I know I’m pretty basic when making burgers, as I just season them with salt and pepper but I think that trying this could be really good.

4. The tone in your blogs are so fun to read! You did a great job linking previous content for your audience to bounce to. I have heard a lot of great things about Everything Bagel seasoning but never the Greek seasoning you’ve mentioned. I am so bad a seasoning things, so this mixture sounds perfect and easy to use!

5. I try to cook something new once a week and this may be something I need to try! I think trying a Greek seasoning would be interesting, especially on a burger! Can’t wait to see more recipes!

6. This looks delicious! I have grilled out with some of my friends already this year because of the warm weather we have been having and it’s one of my favorite parts about summer!