Secondhand, Shopping, Sustainable Fashion

Things to Always Buy Secondhand. Always.

Going off of my previous post about what to avoid while thrifting… there are some items you should always thrift. These items are usually in an abundance- in all sizes and cuts. Like, I mean 9 times out of 10 you can always find these items at the thrift store- any thrift store. I can’t even tell you the number of times I have been in a pinch and the thrift store has come through.

The items that I can always find are:

Slips/Shapewear- I swear, every thift store has these. Every one. Which makes sense because many of us have them for just one specific item or we have them and by the time we need them, they don’t fit. Sound familiar?

Khakis- I feel like the thrift store, especially Goodwill, is where all khakis go to die. I can 100% this is where all mine have ever gone. I am not a huge fan of khakis, and if I ever had a job where I needed them and then quit that job, they are the first thing to start the donate pile. I feel like I am probably not the only one who has done this because there is always racks on racks full of khakis.

Dress Pants- These have a lot in common with khakis, where again, Goodwill always has these. I am fairly certain, I have only ever bought dress pants here. No, I lied, every time but 1 time- which was an emergency.

Workout clothes- When I finally decide that I need to start working out again, I typically have to get new workout clothes. Usually, because I have gained too much weight to wear my previous ones. Then, when I lose the weight, all of them get donated. It’s a vicious cycle.

Printed Items- Okay, if I am looking for a certain print or want to add some print to my wardrobe, I always thrift it. At a thrift store, one of the first things I notice is that there is a sea of prints amongst the racks. Therefore, I just pick out the ones I’m drawn to so I don’t have to look through all of the clothes. I know that sounds like a no-brainer, but it’s how I get through the racks faster.