Fashion, Secondhand, Shopping, Sustainable Fashion

Where Do I Shop?

It comes to no surprise that I shop secondhand for the sustainability aspect but also because I am a broke college student and it saves me a lot of money that I don’t want to spend in the first place. Here is a list of places where I shop secondhand from: 

*all stores are in Wisconsin, unless stated otherwise

thredUp– thredUp is the largest ONLINE THRIFT STORE, yes online! Hello to scrolling and sorting through clothes in your pajamas, curled up in bed. Is there anything more perfect? I don’t think so.

Goodwill– Janesville- The Goodwill in Janesville is my favorite, although the one in Oconomowoc is a close second, but I haven’t been there in a few years. The Janesville Goodwill is clean, decently priced, and often has Target’s clearance goods with tags on throughout the racks.

Twice Is Nice– Jefferson- This is probably my all-time favorite thrift store in general. The store is clean, organized and the prices are dirt cheap. I once got a like-new L.L.Bean suede coat for $12. I know, I was shocked too. The only con is that you need to bring cash.

St. Vincent De Paul– Lake Mills- I don’t shop here as much as I used to, just because the prices have gone up several dollars since a few years ago. However, they have a good selection of name brand clothes and their book selection is awesome. Yes, I still buy physical books.

Agrace Thrift Store– Janesville- This place kind of has a boutiquey feel and the clothes are more curated, but you will find a lot of like-new items. The prices are a bit higher, but again, like-new items and the ladies who volunteer their are super nice.

Castaways Thrift Shop– Janesville- Castaways is a tiny little thrift store with a lot of charm– very similar to Twice Is Nice. I feel like here as well as Twice Is Nice, the clothes are a bit more vintagey but you can also find some adorable knick-knacks too. You also need to bring cash here.

Maybe I’ll see you out and about thrifting too! Happy hunting!