Let’s meet Marry Huff an RA in Fischer on the 3rd floor. This is Mary’s 2nd semester as an RA and she is a communications major with a human relations minor.

Mary

Favorite Sport: Football

Favorite Sports team: Packers

Favorite Band: Hozier

Favorite Dining Hall: Drumlin

Dream job: Human Resource Manager

What I see myself doing in five years: being a Human Resource Manager

Favorite Quote: “”You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take”-Wayne Gretzy” –Michael Scott

Why did you become an RA?: I became an RA because the benefits are awesome and I wanted to develop as a leader

What is your favorite thing about being an RA?: My favorite of the job is all the friends I’ve made. I have bonded people that are going to be in my life because of this position

What else are you involved in?: I am the president of SAGE(Students Allied for a Green Earth) and in the society of Leadership and Success

Piece of advice for other RA’s: Make sure you delegate time weekly(maybe even daily) for unexpected parts of the position that require you to handle them in a timely manner( checking a resident out, filling out surveys/inRAct, etc).

Best story so far: My girlfriend tries to walk in grass daily because it centers her and puts her in the same charge as the earth (it’s called earthing). Well I took my residents to a soccer game and Lindsey stepped away to hang out in the grass. One of my residents looked over and saw her. She asked why Lindsey was sitting in the grass. I told her and she looked terrified, confused, and scared all at once. She thought it was funny though and so ever since every time she sees Lindsey she brings it up.