Let’s meet Chelsea, an RA on the 4th floor of Fricker. This is Chelsea’s 4th semester as an RA and she is a Pre-Medical major.

Chelsea

Favorite Sport: Soccer

Favorite Sports team: US Women’s National Soccer Team

Favorite Band: Taylor Swift

Favorite Dining Hall: UNO’s

Dream job: Lead Physical Therapist for a professional sports team.

What I see myself doing in five years: Graduated from DPT school and working full time as a Physical Therapist.

Favorite Quote: “In life we learn lessons. Sometimes we learn them the hard way and sometimes we learn them too late” –Taylor Swift

Why did you become an RA?: I was inspired by my freshman year RA. She helped me adjust to living on campus and being in college.

What is your favorite thing about being an RA?: I love being surrounding with a staff of people who are hardworking, great leaders, and all around amazing people. They make me want to be better and do better. I also love when my residents want to hang out and do things with me and together as a floor.

What else are you involved in?: Club soccer, Pre Health Associates of Today (PHAT), Intramural sports, Supplemental Instruction leader

Piece of advice for other RA’s: What you put into the RA job is what you get out of the job. If you want to put a lot of work in, you will find the job much more rewarding.

Best story so far: Watching The Bachelor every Monday night with my residents!

Any extra Reslife Involvement?: Was the ARA representative for my complex last year. Attendance to LIT meetings and events. I attend RHA events when they fit into my schedule.

Anything else?: I am so lucky to be a Resident Assistant. From this job I have learned to become a better leader, a better person, and have made lifelong friends.