$,  $$

The SweetSpot — Best Coffee in Whitewater

When moving to Whitewater my freshman year of college I had to say goodbye to Dunkin Donuts and goodbye to Starbucks. Coffee is an important part of many peoples days. It could make or break the start of someone’s day. The SweetSpot is the perfect spot to start your day when you have nowhere to be for a half an hour. They have an extensive area of hot and iced coffee or tea as well as some smoothies. They offer breakfast food such as bagel sandwiches, croissants, cookies, cupcakes, and more! Whitewater is lucky enough to have not one, but two different locations only minutes apart. There is the backhouse, which is located closer to Walmart and UW-W campus and the other in the heart of downtown overlooking the pond. The bakehouse has a drive through option with minimal seating and they produce all the pastries for the other location. The bakehouse also does personalized cakes, pies, and other decorated desserts. The downtown location has a lot of seating and does not have a drive through option. Many students enjoy going to the downtown location to study, go on a date, or relax with the perfect “coffee shop” vibe. The food is either breakfast or lunch, yet it is open till about 8pm everyday. The coffee tends to be around $4-7 and comparable to Starbucks options. The food ranges from $5-10 and the pastries range from $2-10. This is definitely a place to treat yourself or a nice place to study. Overall, I would highly suggest stopping at the SweetSpot and trying a drink with a pastry even if you do not drink coffee if you are in Whitewater.

4 Comments

• Logan Meyer

I always drive past the sweet spot and always see people going there to have coffee. Ive never really been a big coffee person but that is for sure a place i will need to go to just chill and relax while doing some homework. We need more places like that in whitewater for sure!

• Newlong Lor

I have friends who always go there for coffee and they always recommend me to check it out, so hopefully I’ll be able to go soon!