food

Healthy – 3 Ingredient Pancakes

When I wanted to focus more on my diet and start eating healthier foods, breakfast was something I knew I would have a hard time with. I love chocolate chip pancakes, french toast, crepes, etc. I noticed these 3 ingredient pancakes floating around the internet and decided to try them out! All you need is banana, rolled oats, milk of choice OR eggs. I tried this recipe with almond milk and another batch including the eggs. Both options work really well and taste delicious. I chose to mention these 2 options in case someone wants a vegan choice and a choice for those who eat eggs and want to add some more protein to their breakfast. These delicious pancakes were super easy to make and are a great healthier alternative to regular pancakes using cheap ingredients!

Ingredients:

1 ripe banana

1/2 cup rolled oats

3 1/2 tbsp milk of choice (Only if using milk of choice instead of eggs)

OR

2 eggs (Only if using eggs instead of milk of choice)

Ground cinnamon (optional)

How To Make

Step 1 – In a small bowl mash up your 1 ripe banana.

Step 2 – Add your mashed banana and remaining ingredients in a blender

Step 3 –  Blend your ingredients until a batter is formed and the banana is fully mixed in with the rest of the ingredients.

Step 4 – Heat a skillet or pan on medium heat and grease it very well, using butter/spray of choice or I personally like to use a bit of coconut oil.

Step 5 – Pour 1/3 cup of batter onto skillet/pan, using a measuring cup to ensure equal size and cooking time.

Step 6 – Allow the pancakes to cook until bubbles appear around the edges, then flip and cook until golden.

Topping options:

Berries of choice

Natural Peanut Butter

Sugar-free raspberry preserves

Maple Syrup – Maple syrup is very high in sugar but there are some maple syrups out there that are a bit better for you. Listed below are some healthy maple syrup options that I personally enjoy.

• Walden Farms Calorie Free Maple Syrup (Walmart)
  • Simple Truth Organic Maple Syrup (Kroger)
  • Archer Farms 100% Pure Maple Syrup (Target)
  • Specialty Selected 100% Maple Syrup (Aldi)