Why the scene needs twenty one pilots

I’ve been a fan of twenty one pilots for a couple of years now. I saw them live in October of 2015. It was a LIFE CHANGING experience. They are definitely one of my favorite bands almost ever, so I may be a bit biased.

BUT, I do believe that other than me being a fan of their music, they are doing great things. Not only are they just trying to make music, but they’re trying to make music about things that actually matter.

Tyler Joseph, the singer and writer of all of their music wants to influence people by writing things about things like mental health, and daily struggles. They never had a song about love until their most recent album Blurryface, and it just so happened to be post Tyler’s own engagement.

Their music is also something that needs to be talked about. Often times when asked what genre they are, they just shrug their shoulders. Not because they don’t care, but because they’re just trying to make music that appeals to them. iTunes would classify them as Alternative, but they are a mixture of just about every genre there is.

I’ve been a huge fan of twenty one pilots since right after their album Vessel came out in 2013. Seeing them grow into what they’ve become today makes me feel like a proud mom. I really enjoy some of their older music. My favorite song of all time by them is Migraine off of their album Vessel. I also really enjoy the song Addict With a Pen off of their self-titled album, even though that was before Josh Dun even had joined the band.  But they will always be one of my favorites.

This entry was posted in Influences and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.