As I mentioned in my “Good Places to Shop” post earlier, yard sales can be your best friend. I feel pretty strongly about this, so I thought I should make an entire separate post about it.

As college students, yard sales are everywhere, you just have to look! Maybe not formal yard sales, but college kids are always putting things curb side until the garbage collector comes. Take advantage of that! Sure, it’s not the most glamorous way to find decor for your space, but no one ever said it was always easy!

Some people will also have actual yard sales, and make sure to hit those up, too. There are always great deals at yard sales, and usually, people will not sell their “gross” stuff because they don’t want anyone to think they’re gross, so it’s a win-win.

If you find something that you don’t necessarily like at first, but have a good feeling about it, or can think of a place that it might go well in your space, buy it! You can always make it the way you want with some cleaning or some paint! It can be a fun DIY project that you do alone, or with roommates or friends!