The 2012 Southeast Regional Conference held at UW-Whitewater on January 11, 2012 was a success. A total of 86 attended, which included 16 speakers from UW Colleges, UW-Milwaukee, and UW-Whitewater.
A myriad of active learning best practices were shared in the use of interactive activities and games, student-created video, ePortfolio, social media, and mobile technology for teaching and learning. The keynote and sessions on mobile learning and planning for the future of education was given by Dr. Curtis Bonk, an expert on active learning. Many of the comments included that there was “tons of good information” and ideas that were “very valuable and thought provoking.”
Thank you to all of you who were able to attend the 2012 UW-System Southeast Regional Conference. We hope you found inspiration and information to help promote active learning.
A special thanks to the wonderful presenters, the conference committee, sponsors, and many others who worked behind the scenes to make this conference a success.
A list of presenters along with the schedule, session recordings, and session presentations are available at: http://geturl.uww.edu/18s
If you attended and still haven’t taken the survey, please provide feedback at: http://geturl.uww.edu/182
• Karen Skibba, Conference Planning Chair, UW-Whitewater
• Pat Eaton, UW-Parkside
• Karla Farrell, UW-Colleges
• Amy Mangrich, UW-Milwaukee
• Renee Pfeifer-Luckett, UW-Whitewater
• UW System Learning and Technology Development Council (LTDC)
• UW-Whitewater Learning Technology Center
• UW-Milwaukee Learning Technology Center
• UW-Parkside Learning Technology Center
• UW-Colleges Central IT
• UW-Whitewater College of Letters and Sciences
If you have any questions about the conference, please contact Karen Skibba at email@example.com.