The campus is hosting a free Summer Concert Series on the Wyman Mall (on the west side of Andersen Library) as part of its Sesquicentennial celebration! Bring your picnic (no carry-in of alcohol) or purchase food and beverages at the concerts. Additional activities, including kids’ activities and tours of the campus featuring historical information will be offered as well. Restrooms will be available in the Andersen Library building. More information, including a map showing the free parking areas and a listing of the food options for each concert, is available online.
Here’s the line-up (all concerts run from 4:30-6:30pm), with something for almost everyone:
- Fri, June 8: FBI & the Untouchable Horns (Chicago-inspired funk)
- Mon, June 25: Festival of Song (Emily Birsan, soprano, and Jeffrey Sykes, piano)
- Tues, July 3: King Solomon (world, reggae and ska)
- Fri, July 20: The WhiskeyBelles (country, folk and Americana)
- Thurs, Aug 9: Altered Five Blues Band (blues and soul)
- Wed, Aug 15: Madison Jazz Orchestra (big band jazz ensemble)
In the event of rain, concerts and other activities will be relocated to the University Center.