Evernote, a multimedia note-taking app, can help you organize and capture information in your studies, work, and daily life. You can set up different notebooks for your courses or projects. You can put almost anything into a notebook. You can view your notebooks and add notes on our own computer, on campus computers through the Evernote website, and on mobile devices. Everything is synced automatically across your computers to your Evernote account. With Evernote you can:
- Capture everything (well, almost)
- Notes you type directly into Evernote
- Microsoft Word documents
- Microsoft PowerPoint documents
- PDFs and scanned files
- Photos of handwritten notes or documents you take with your smartphone or other mobile device
- Photos or screenshots
- Audio recordings (You can record lectures with your smartphone or mobile device from within the Evernote app.)
- Organize your stuff and find it fast
- You can separate your notes into different notebooks, but you can also tag notes with labels that you create.
- Evernote has a powerful search feature, which can even search the text inside a handwritten note you’ve scanned!
- You can share your notebooks with other Evernote users or email notes to anyone.
Evernote has both free and Premium accounts. The free account should meet your needs—if you pay for a Premium account, you just get a few more features and more space.