November is typically the cloudiest month of the year here in southern Wisconsin. Although we seem to be faring pretty well this year, should the sun sink behind a cloud don’t let it get you down. Whip out a book and immerse yourself in the wonders of a well-loved subject.
The book sale books for November are out and priced to sell! Just $1 each for lovely volumes such as:
- Advice for New Faculty Members: Nihil Nimus by Robert Boice 2001
- Get Out of My Life, But First Could You Drive Me and Cheryl to the Mall?: A Parent’s Guide to the New Teenager by Anthony E. Wolf 1991
- In Small Things Forgotten: The Archaeology of Early American Life by James Deetz 1977
- Relations in Public: Microstudies of the Public Order by Erving Goffman 1971
- The Social Movements Reader: Cases and Concepts edited by Jeff Goodwin and James M. Jasper 2003
- Tales from the Top by Simon Ramo 2011
- The Undercover Economist by Tim Harford2007
- Understanding Sport Behavior by David Pargman 1998
- The Worldly Philosophers: The Lives, Times and Ideas of the Great Ecomonic Thinkers by Robert L. Heilbroner 1986
- The Workshop of the World: British Economic History from 1820 to 1880 by J. D. Chambers 1964
As the above titles hint at, most of this month’s books are in the arts, business, history, psychology, and sociology. As always, a smattering of surprise titles show up for sale as well.
Come peruse, purchase, and have a great November!