- Wikimedia Commons is a wiki-style database of images in the Public Domain or with Creative Commons licenses.
- Flickr is a photo sharing site where many works have Creative Commons licenses (find these using the advanced search). FlickrStorm is another way to easily search for Flickr images without the hassle of signing in or creating an account. You can search for Creative Commons images or images anyone can use non-commercially.
- Jamendo is a music-sharing site where independent artists have uploaded their songs for anyone to listen to and use through Creative Commons licenses.
- Google Image Search has an Advanced Search option for limiting the results to images with a Creative Commons license.
- The Library of Congress’ online catalog provides access to thousands of images. Many images have rights information contained in the catalog record.
- National Archives has primary source documents, images, and video. Many of the documents and images are in the public domain and can be used with attribution.
Andersen Library is a federal and Wisconsin depository library with federal and state government documents on a variety of current and relevant issues available to you in various formats (print, DVD/CD-ROM, online). Check out your government at Andersen Library!