Looking for something to do in Whitewater this summer?
The Whitewater Arts Alliance is sponsoring a Savory Sounds series of music and food at the Birge Fountain (lawn of the Cultural Arts Center at 402 West Main Street) on Thursdays, from 11:30am-12:45pm. Bring your lunch, or purchase one from the lunch vendor of the day. Then peruse the art exhibit in the Cultural Arts Center (open noon-5pm on Thursdays).
- June 21: Daylillies (women’s a capella group), lunch vendor Subway
- June 28 (RESCHEDULED to Aug. 2)
- July 12: The Dirty Bucket Band (bluegrass), lunch vendor LaPreferida Mexican
- July 19: UW-W Faculty Brass Quintet, lunch vendor Black Sheep
- July 26: Jay Crags & Friends (jazz), lunch vendor Rocky Rococco
- Aug. 2: Steve Meisner & Friends (polka), lunch vendor SweetSpot
Also check out free concerts and family fun in the Cravath Lakefront Park on Thursday evenings (bring your lawn chair and/or blanket):
- June 21, 7pm: The Dang-Its
- July 12, 5:30-7pm: “The Big Bounce” and Big Rig Gig (don’t need lawn chairs for this one)
- July 19, 7pm: The Fort Atkinson Community Band
- August 2, 7pm: The Bel-Cats
- August 9, 7pm: David Stokes
- August 16, 7pm: Piper Road Spring Band
More information is available in the Whitewater Parks & Recreation Summer Guide 2012. The guide contains other opportunities, like renting kayaks or paddleboats at the Cravath Lakefront or open gym hours at the Old Armory.