Leadership Styles

There are many leadership styles in the world, and I will do my best before leaving this world to get my style in the leadership books. In my lifetime I have work under great, good, fair, and badmanagers and supervisors. I also server under army officers that needed to be fair and learn to become great leaders. The hierarchy of the military at highest is a five-star general and follow by a lieutenant general, a major general, and brigadier general. This transformational leadership followers have trust and confidences in them. They are usually technical experts in their fields, want to improve their environment and understand their Soldiers’ roles. They inspire their subordinates through rapport, inspiration, and empathy and work well in an environment where they can create change by working with their subordinates.

The chain of command is the line of authority and responsibility along which orders are passed within a military unit and between different units. Orders are passed down the chain of command, from higher ranked military personnel to lower ranked military personnel until those orders are received by those who implement the orders. Similarly, requests move up the chain of command until they reach the individual who has the authority to make decisions regarding a particular type of request. During the orders being passed down the chain every sender of the order understand that they may be sending many young people to their end. It weights harder on the platoon leaders, squad leaders and team leaders who have being with their men 24/7 and had developed a strong relationship with those that they leaded into the danger of combat. It is harder than firing a person whose family depend on them for support but also not easy.

Chain of Command & Authority – Veterans Affairs

www.va.gov › vetsinworkplace › docs › em_authority