I personally love a good slice of French toast. When you’re on the ketogenic diet, eggs are a staple breakfast food, and after doing the diet for a while it is easy to get tired of the same old routine. Luckily, I was able to find this recipe that incorporated eggs, but had that familiar French toast taste that I love so much.

All you will need for this recipe is eggs, cream cheese, baking powder, and cinnamon. It is rare to have a keto-version of a recipe that has this few ingredients and ends of tasting like the real thing.

The first step in the recipe is to take out 8 eggs. I crack the eggs and then put them in a blender bottle. After the eggs are added, I take out one block of cream cheese and throw that in the blender bottle as well. The standard block of cream cheese is 8 ounces, so if you want to make more or less french toast than this recipe calls for the ratio of eggs to cream cheese is 1 egg.

After the eggs and cream cheese are in the blender bottle, I add the baking powder and cinnamon. For this recipe, I use one teaspoon of baking powder. The recipe calls for one teaspoon of cinnamon, but as someone who loves the taste I often double this, or even triple the amount and it ends up tasting delicious. Put these ingredients in the blender bottle and put the lid on it. I then blend the ingredients until everything is mixed together (about 30 seconds).

After blending the ingredients, I take out a 8″ by 8″ baking dish, and spray olive oil all over the pan. This will stop the contents from sticking to the side of the dish, and make for much easier cleanup. I add the contents of the blender to the pan, and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

Once the oven is preheated, I put the french toast in the oven and let it cook for 25 minutes. Once finished, I take it out, slice it, and have eight servings of french toast ready to eat. I like to put butter and low-carb syrup on mine, and after all is said and done I have a delicious breakfast that comes in at only 3 net carbs per serving!