Journalism for the Web

Graduation and the job hunt

April 30th, 2016 . by Justin Schultz

graduation-celebration

The time is almost here. Graduation is creeping up on me, and the real world is starting to get louder and louder. But a question remains.

Am I ready?

There’s one thing I’m sure of. I am ready to graduate, but I am not ready to leave. I’m not ready to leave my friends, my brothers that I have made. I feel like I just met these people. How can I possibly say goodbye? It’s easy to say “don’t worry, we’ll keep in touch.” But the reality of it is harder. Luckily, I’m hopefully living with one of my best friends out of college, so that should make it easier to keep in touch with the rest of my friends.

But not only am I getting ready to leave the place that’s been my home since 2011, I’m getting ready for the real world.

I’ve been applying to all jobs and every job. I haven’t had much luck so far, but I have a phone interview on Monday and hopefully that will get the ball rolling. The job hunt is a stressful process, especially when I still have to deal with school and finishing out the semester. I’d be lying if I said I still had motivation.

I’m ready to be done with school forever. My mind is completely tapped out. I’m ready to make a life for myself. I am ready for the future.

3 Responses to “Graduation and the job hunt”

1. comment number 1 by: Kyle

Good luck! If you’re driven, you’ll find something that fits your interests.

2. comment number 2 by: KIMBERLY WETHAL

Hopefully all goes well – only being a sophomore, I watch other people get frustrated with the process of finding any sort of job after graduation, even internships, with the knowledge that it’ll be my future in a few years.

3. comment number 3 by: ANDREA SIDLAUSKAS

I honestly feel the same way. I’m so ready to be done with school, but not at all ready to leave the place that has been my home for the past four years. It’s almost scary to think about, since there’s so much unknown. But good luck in your interview on Monday! Keep your head up!