The Travel Bug

Signe Trewyn's blog

Words Journalists use

Posted by Signe Trewyn on November 16th, 2015

http://www.poynter.org/news/mediawire/271251/words-journalists-write-that-no-one-ever-says/

words1

As a journalism major, I know language is important for a journalist in order to keep the interest of the reader. I know everything there is to know about AP style and how words should be capitalized and lowercase.

An article on Feedly caught my eye that talked about different words used by a journalists that I have never heard of before. I know that it is important for a headline to stand out against the others on a newsstand. There is a photo to go with the article depicting a newspaper front page with language I have never heard of before.

I thought it was interesting to see how words mean different things and how they look against the photo, I feel interested in the article itself. I also thought it was interesting that journalists use words that people never say. I believe the more a person writes, the broader the vocabulary becomes.

There is a small list of the words that are being said by journalists that I myself have never heard of. I love learning new words. The article has to do with the content this week new words would draw a crowd to the stories with new words. The public enjoys seeing interesting words in headlines because it prompts them to believe the story is interesting.

Bloggers are also important because there needs to be someone who can write well and often as well as passionate about a topic. For me the topic would be travel.

17 Responses to “Words Journalists use”

1. Andrew Marvitz Says:

I don’t know who these people associate with, but bolster, oust and fornicate are all pretty common. Opine and ballyhoo, on the other hand. I think some of these words are a bit silly, but they’re endearing. I’ve written for editors who want all language to be at a middle-school level, which obviously detracts from the content.

2. Free Solitaire Card Game Says:

Thank you so much for sharing this post. if you are search for different type of card game then i present a solitaire time game for you and your friends. its really good floor for enjoying.

3. Mark Says:

I’m not against a traditional education but just imagine how can we improve it. Have a peek here https://college-homework-help.org/blog/alternative-education and tell me what do you think.

4. Robert Price Says:

I am not a journalist. I can use https://dissertationauthors.com/blog/dissertation-acknowledgements this service for help. And you can check it too!

5. ctf loader Says:

Aw, this was a really nice post. Finding the time and actual effort to produce a really good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and don’t seem to get anything done.
    windows modules installer worker
    vac was unable to verify the game session

6. hole io Says:

ing said by journalists that I myself have never heard of. I love learning new words. The article has to do with the content this week new words would draw a crowd to the stories with new words. The public enjoys seeing interesting words in headlines because it prom

7. okey indir Says:

REAL ortamı sanal ortama taşıyan turkiyenin ilk okey salonu https://realokey.com

8. okey net Says:

online okey oyunu http://okey-net.com

9. Kated Says:

I would sincerely express my thanks to the writer for bringing something to the online world which is completely new.

10. hotel in gangtok Says:

This is very good site but I want to know how can I write travel blog on it
    such a valuable content . waiting for your next

11. sohbet Says:

sohbetsayfam

12. omegle sohbet Says:

omegle sohbet sitelerinde hemen chat yapmaya başla kaliteli sohbet odalarının keyifini çıkarın, mobil sohbet sitelerini ziyaret edin

13. Pax Says:

Wonderful post! Keep up the good writing. Thanks for sharing with us!

14. Jennifer Says:

Great discussion!

15. Tree Services Says:

Aw, this was a really nice post. Thanks for taking time and actual effort to make a very good article!

16. okey net Says:

17. Carry Says:

Thanks for sharing this post. After reading your blog, I think every person should try something new chapter in their life. We have many opportunities to see many wonderful things. Ensure the environment of cold places can make your mind fresh and gives you hassle-free mind for few hours. Thank you please shares your more ideas with us.