The Travel Bug

Signe Trewyn's blog

Words Journalists use

Posted by Signe Trewyn on November 16th, 2015

http://www.poynter.org/news/mediawire/271251/words-journalists-write-that-no-one-ever-says/

words1

As a journalism major, I know language is important for a journalist in order to keep the interest of the reader. I know everything there is to know about AP style and how words should be capitalized and lowercase.

An article on Feedly caught my eye that talked about different words used by a journalists that I have never heard of before. I know that it is important for a headline to stand out against the others on a newsstand. There is a photo to go with the article depicting a newspaper front page with language I have never heard of before.

I thought it was interesting to see how words mean different things and how they look against the photo, I feel interested in the article itself. I also thought it was interesting that journalists use words that people never say. I believe the more a person writes, the broader the vocabulary becomes.

There is a small list of the words that are being said by journalists that I myself have never heard of. I love learning new words. The article has to do with the content this week new words would draw a crowd to the stories with new words. The public enjoys seeing interesting words in headlines because it prompts them to believe the story is interesting.

Bloggers are also important because there needs to be someone who can write well and often as well as passionate about a topic. For me the topic would be travel.

36 Responses to “Words Journalists use”

1. Andrew Marvitz Says:

I don’t know who these people associate with, but bolster, oust and fornicate are all pretty common. Opine and ballyhoo, on the other hand. I think some of these words are a bit silly, but they’re endearing. I’ve written for editors who want all language to be at a middle-school level, which obviously detracts from the content.

2. Free Solitaire Card Game Says:

Thank you so much for sharing this post. if you are search for different type of card game then i present a solitaire time game for you and your friends. its really good floor for enjoying.

3. Mark Says:

I’m not against a traditional education but just imagine how can we improve it. Have a peek here https://college-homework-help.org/blog/alternative-education and tell me what do you think.

4. Robert Price Says:

I am not a journalist. I can use https://dissertationauthors.com/blog/dissertation-acknowledgements this service for help. And you can check it too!

5. ctf loader Says:

Aw, this was a really nice post. Finding the time and actual effort to produce a really good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and don’t seem to get anything done.
    windows modules installer worker
    vac was unable to verify the game session

6. hole io Says:

ing said by journalists that I myself have never heard of. I love learning new words. The article has to do with the content this week new words would draw a crowd to the stories with new words. The public enjoys seeing interesting words in headlines because it prom

7. okey indir Says:

REAL ortamı sanal ortama taşıyan turkiyenin ilk okey salonu https://realokey.com

8. okey net Says:

online okey oyunu http://okey-net.com

9. Kated Says:

I would sincerely express my thanks to the writer for bringing something to the online world which is completely new.

10. hotel in gangtok Says:

This is very good site but I want to know how can I write travel blog on it
    such a valuable content . waiting for your next

11. sohbet Says:

sohbetsayfam

12. omegle sohbet Says:

omegle sohbet sitelerinde hemen chat yapmaya başla kaliteli sohbet odalarının keyifini çıkarın, mobil sohbet sitelerini ziyaret edin

13. Pax Says:

Wonderful post! Keep up the good writing. Thanks for sharing with us!

14. Jennifer Says:

Great discussion!

15. Tree Services Says:

Aw, this was a really nice post. Thanks for taking time and actual effort to make a very good article!

16. okey net Says:

17. Carry Says:

Thanks for sharing this post. After reading your blog, I think every person should try something new chapter in their life. We have many opportunities to see many wonderful things. Ensure the environment of cold places can make your mind fresh and gives you hassle-free mind for few hours. Thank you please shares your more ideas with us.

18. Comfort Finds Says:

Interesting discussion. I think that you should write more on this topic, it might not be a taboo subject but generally people are not enough to speak on such topics. Cheers

19. Molly Suber Thrope Says:

It was really interesting to know.Thanks for sharing!

20. agario hub Says:

21. Northwreckers Says:

Thanks for the valuable information.
    car wreckers wellington

22. Betpas Says:

I thought it was interesting to see how words Betvole mean different things and how they look against the photo, I feel interested in the article itself. I also thought it was interesting that journalists use words that people never say. I believe the more a person writes, the broader the vocabulary becomes.

23. agario Says:

24. Online Microblading Says:

I would like to give you huge thumbs up for the information you have shared in this post.

25. Vdcasino Says:

I would like to give Betpas you huge thumbs up for the information you have shared in this post.

26. خرید vpn Says:

great article thank you buy vpn

27. Ngsbahis Says:

As a journalism Restbet , I know language is important for a journalist in order to keep the interest of the reader. I know everything there is to know about AP style and how words Bahsegel be capitalized and lowercase.

28. agario Says:

29. metin2 pvp serverler Says:

submit, we need develop extra techniques in this regard, thanks for sharing

30. Vivi Madison Says:

Not everyone has good grammar and language skills that can help to create brilliant essays and paper writing of the highest quality. And even if the students are much experienced in writing papers on their own, they may not have enough time to write the best custom papers, worth the highest grades. Here come writing services https://essays-writer.net/ for hand.

31. Klasbahis Says:

Not Betcup everyone has good grammar and language skills that can help to create brilliant Restbet essays and paper writing of the highest quality. And even if the students are much experienced in writing papers on their own, they may not have enough time to write the best custom papers, worth the highest Hilbet grades. Here come writing service

32. https://coffeetacoma.com Says:

An interesting discussion is worth comment. I believe that you ought to publish more about this issue, it might not be a taboo matter but typically people
    don’t discuss these subjects. To the next! Many thanks!!

33. agario private server Says:

34. SVG Embroidery Says:

This was a interesting and informative essay that made me think more about what people are doing. I am already working towards a zero-waste lifestyle, but I am still learning a lot. Thank you for sharing.

35. Geminair Says:

I want to thanks for your time for this wonderful Article!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

36. Busy do Belgii Says:

Nice post.