The Travel Bug

Signe Trewyn's blog

New Turn of Events for Twitter

Posted by Signe Trewyn on October 19th, 2015

download

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/08/technology/twitters-moments-will-try-to-tame-the-chaos.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

I found an article today about Twitter and how it is finding a way to make its platform more recognizable to the users who may be new to the service. The “moments” tab will now take users to a place where they can view certain moments that occurred on Twitter that are new to readers. Once the user taps the article about the “Moment” there are details regarding the Tweets made about the specific story.

What I find interesting about this is that it is quite new to me and I have never heard of a feature like this one since Twitter has always linked to news stories within the Tweets itself. People normally would only be able to see a photo attached to a Tweet. The article made it clear that the users were able to live in the moment. The photos make Twitter look a lot different since the photos fill the whole screen and do not look like Twitter photos.

The Moments feature was born recently as of January where the people of Twitter were encouraged to try something new. On a phone’s screen the photos are more pronounced and the reader feels as though he/she is put right in the moment when it happened. Moments is like a newspaper in that it unfolds stories so that people can read them and feel close to the action. Newspapers can be accessed online and the photos are a important part of the story much like the stories on Twitter.

However, this new feature might cause more issues for Twitter because it will not save it and there might be charges of biases and might change the whole idea of Twitter. I believe that the most important part of this is the issues this new feature raises since Twitter is not made for large stories, rather a ten character Tweet. This week’s class is focused on social media and the audience of it and its overall features.

6 Responses to “New Turn of Events for Twitter”

1. Jessica Says:

I personally do not like the update Twitter has made with the moments tab. I checked it out when I first saw it, and that was the only time. I understand Twitter wants to try and cater to the people who are looking for news stories, and I think this feature does just that. The moments tab is a good idea, but like you said, Twitter was not made for big stories. I think that it was a good idea, but if people want to read an entire story or breaking news, they will go to a news website. I think that this will not catch on, and at some point Twitter would drop this feature, but I could be wrong.

2. Kyle Says:

My understanding of Moments is that it was designed for people who are new to Twitter and trying to figure out what it is. I think it’s not much use to people who are already invested in the platform. To that end, I don’t really get it, but if I was new to Twitter, perhaps it would be more useful to me.

3. Kevin Hefferan Says:

Signe,

I like this update for Twitter. In my opinion, you really only have to use or see it if you want to. I think it helps Twitter out a bit in regards to the 160 character limit. Posting links with stories could take a serious amount of characters from your tweet. So, to be able to look at the moments and comment on the story using potentially more words works for me. Social media is ever-evolving. We will see if Twitter can save itself with this feature. I heard recently that Twitter is struggling a bit. Maybe this is the companies way of trying to compete with the more popular social media websites?

4. driving directions Says:

Twitter is a new, very handy and popular social network, and so am I.

5. Dwayne Says:

She takes pity on me and reaches into the bedside table and finds the Vaseline. Putting a good smear on her cock she then pushes two slick fingers inside me ass fucking tube. She is gentle and before I know it, she has her dick probing. She turns me over and enters Me from behind. The sensation is explosive and now she is riding me. She is wanking me off and fucking me and I can’t take it anymore – as if sensing it she holds it tight and rolls me on my back again – her face in line with my cock she releases and empty My sticky white load powerfully onto her face. She keeps rubbing my sensitive end and cum keeps firing and ripping over her fingers and hand. She licks it off and kisses me – warm cum and liquid exchanged adultcam69.com.She climbs on top and once more she sinks onto me. Her cock and balls are on my belly and she is wanking herself off as I fill her asshole with more cum and spit. Her breathing increases and she tugs faster. All of a sudden, she lifts herself off and pushes her engorged Cock towards my face – I try to grab it with my open mouth, but she comes before I can – her tasty and thick viscose liquid spattered on my forehead, eyes, nose and chin. I pull her slowly to my face and she licks off the cum which she spits into my mouth.

6. KendrickJWinter Says:

I think from 2015 to now, twitter has been updated many times and with every update, they always add a very useful feature for the people. I am using twitter for a long time and that’s why I have good knowledge about its working. BTW, today I was reading an article which was about the https://write-my-essay.online/ website. This is an online service that provides the student’s advice to choose the best writing service and also here you can get the topics related to your writing niche.