The Travel Bug

Signe Trewyn's blog

iPhone gives a new perspective

Posted by Signe Trewyn on October 5th, 2015

http://news.cyberjournalist.net/post/117514254519/why-a-pro-photographer-shoots-on-an-iphone-andrew

This is a photo I took with my regular camera. It shows the underbelly of a hummingbird as it is flying, it shows the color of the chin which is red because it is a male hummingbird. The photo shows off color and it is an example of a photo that might be taken with an iPhone.

What I find interesting about this article is that it talks about an individual who shoots photos from his iPhone and they turn out to be just as good as a camera. I saw several iPhone commercials over the weekend that made me want to buy an iPhone for my own use just because of the photographic ability of the phone, right now I own a point and shoot camera which does take great pictures but the iPhone seems to be a step above the rest. The individual interviewed in the article uses the photos for his social media and blog to create traffic to those websites which is an example of good website design because photos enhance color and overall look.

150608_iphone_concept_1

This is important since photos are a part of web design because there needs to be photos on blogs and on websites to attract readers and to show them what a story is going to be about. The photos taken are then later put on Instagram because the photos build a good community of people who view and enjoy the photos they are viewing. The photos are high resolution which allow for a lot of stark colors to be shown as well as a wide view of the photo itself. The photos on the iPhone are quite clear and feel as though a person is there.

My opinion on this topic is that it is important for web journalists to consider taking their own photos and put them online since that can allow them to sell themselves. This can enhance the overall look of a site and attract readers to the site as well. Users tend to look at photos longer the better the color is and the overall resolution. I also believe it is a good idea to show off good photos because that will increase the odds of users sharing them on social media which can give the photos many more views. People on a social media site can take the photos more seriously when they are taken professionally and the photos create a sense of unity to the site because photos can break up text and communicate through picture.

8 Responses to “iPhone gives a new perspective”

1. Kyle Says:

I agree. It’s always better to post your own photos. I struggle a little bit with iOS photos. They’re processed in a way to make them more attractive, but the journalist in me prefers to have photos that do their best to reflect reality, which might mean some pictures are less-than-pretty.

2. Andrew Marvitz Says:

These are some great points about the potential of smartphones in photojournalism, particularly where publishing is concerned. In fact, I used your blog for Warhawk Writers!
    Nice picture. Most smartphone cameras I’ve come across would leave the bird as a grey streak in midair.

3. que puedo hacer para ganar dinero, como consigo dinero, como hacer para tener dinero, quiero ganar dinero extra, dinero, como ganar dinero, como obtener dinero, sonia alicia, como hacer dinero rapido y facil, como ganar dinero fácil, ganar dinero siendo Says:

Somebody necessarily assist to make severely posts I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular submit extraordinary. Fantastic task!

4. que puedo hacer para ganar dinero, como consigo dinero, como hacer para tener dinero, quiero ganar dinero extra, dinero, como ganar dinero, como obtener dinero, sonia alicia, como hacer dinero rapido y facil, como ganar dinero fácil, ganar dinero siendo Says:

Hello there, I found your site by means of Google at the same time as looking for a related subject, your site got here up, it appears to be like good. I’ve bookmarked to my favourites|added to my bookmarks.

5. que puedo hacer para ganar dinero, como consigo dinero, como hacer para tener dinero, quiero ganar dinero extra, dinero, como ganar dinero, como obtener dinero, sonia alicia, como hacer dinero rapido y facil, como ganar dinero fácil, ganar dinero siendo Says:

I have been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this sort of space . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this website. Studying this info So i’m satisfied to express that I’ve an incredibly good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I so much without a doubt will make certain to don?t omit this website and give it a glance regularly.

6. que puedo hacer para ganar dinero, como consigo dinero, como hacer para tener dinero, quiero ganar dinero extra, dinero, como ganar dinero, como obtener dinero, sonia alicia, como hacer dinero rapido y facil, como ganar dinero fácil, ganar dinero siendo Says:

Wow, superb weblog layout! How long have you been blogging for? you made blogging glance easy. The whole glance of your website is magnificent, as well as the content material!

7. online travel Says:

This paragraph will assist the internet viewers for creating new website or even a weblog from start to end.

8. geometry dash Says:

So, I really love using the iPhone carrier because it’s easy to use and durable.