The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou Pre-view

This movie is on and will be watched on Netflix.

p35267_p_v8_af

I honestly don’t really know what to think of this movie, it has a well known cast and it seems super colorful which is a pretty welcomed change form all the zombie and horror movies I’ve reviewed so far. If anything I’ll bet my first born child that this movie will not take itself seriously, which would be honestly refreshing. I’ve drawn this conclusion from the casting primarily and it’s only now while typing this preview out that I realize that this movie is a Wes Anderson film. That means it’s going to be charming, slightly funny, full of heart, super weird and not something I’d watch normally, but most of all it’s something that I’m going to come away from not really sure if this was a waste of time.

This new development only makes the summary slightly more unusual, “A scientist at sea grapples with pirates, his wacky crew and his ego while trying to avenge his friends death”. This honestly just sounds like a Wes Anderson movie from just that, I don’t know how much I’m going to be able to write about this for the Review, honestly a Wes Anderson film is a Wes Anderson film, enjoyable but also super quirky and honestly kind of weird. I hope that this movie is really good, but if I know Wes Anderson like I think I know Wes Anderson, I’ll enjoy it but something inside of me will still have something against this movie.

No Comment