The Hunter Review

This movie was a lot better than what I was expecting, it wasn’t a man vs nature conflict which was what I was expecting, but a man vs man conflict. The Hunter was done in a really unique way, as in the story was very slow and meticulous, so pretty much the exact opposite of Wyrmwood which played the fast and loose game. The Hunter makes an effort to naturally explain the plot and for the most part doesn’t really have any unexplained plot holes. The only one that I can think of is the boy showing the main character where he can find the Tiger by drawing the lakes like they would be shown on a map. I mean it’s possible, his dad was also trying to track them down, but it seems highly unlikely that he would know where to find the tigers. That specific example felt very artificial, but those instances are few and far between.

The Film didn’t feel like a action adventure movie, it was more or less all over the place. At times it felt like a fun family movie and at other times it felt like hunting thriller, but very rarely did it feel like an action movie, there were only ever a couple of scenes that any action in them. There for I feel like this movie was mislabeled, it functions more like a mystery film. The man is mysteriously followed and he is not only trying to hunt for a single specimen of a nearly extinct species, but find out who is messing with him. Overall this is a really neat film with a lot of good story telling.

hunter20126281435705

One of five scenes where he actually uses his rifle

Awards:

Best Australian Movie I’ve watched so far

Wisconsin Native Lead

No Comment