The Hunter Pre-View

This movie is on and will be watched on Netflix

the_hunter-356753931-large

The Hunter, a movie about a guy trying to kill the last Tasmanian tiger, the premise sounds alright, although a bit lack luster if the Tasmanian Tiger doesn’t turn out to be some sort of super apex predictor. That’s even if he can find it, Tasmania is a pretty big place, 26,000 square miles big. I mean, I might still watch it if it’s just 2 hours of him walking around aimlessly in the woods and then going home because he got frustrated with not being able to find it. I used to watch ghost hunters and that’s pretty much the same thing.

I picked this one at random and it turned out to be another Australian made movie, if it’s anything like Wyrmwood I’ll be presently surprised. But unlike Wyrmwood this movie doesn’t show any awards so it’s either very modest or it hasn’t won anything, let’s hope it’s the former. Next time I’ll try to stay away from the Australian made movies.

This movie stars Willem Dafoe, who is a pretty big name for a movie I haven’t heard about even if it is a foreign movie. Hopefully he makes a good blood thirsty killer and doesn’t die to an animal that we hunted to extension in 1936. Some of the other images that I saw showed him preparing a primitive trap, this can only mean one of two things, either he’s doing it out of desperation because he lost his gun, or he stopped using it because he decided that it would be too easy.

No Comment