Wyrmwood Pre-view

This film is on and will be watched on Netflix.

images

From what I’m able to draw from the single sentence synopsis, this film takes place in Australia with “A man” trying to rescue his sister from a mad scientist who is turning people into zombies. The poster/ promotional image doesn’t look that bad, it shows a guy decked out in hockey and other sporting gear, and it looks pretty cool if I’m going to be honest. However I feel this is unrealistic because I assume hockey isn’t very popular in the wild outback of Australia. The film also received a fair amount of Australian film festival awards which is a positive sign.

I assume this is going to be a stereotypical zombie movie, along the lines of resident evil franchise. Wormwood is an angel form the book of revelations, which leads me to believe that there is going to be some biblical imagery. I feel like this movie is going to be a simple plot that will try to surprise the audience by throwing in one or two plot twists. The inclusion of zombies only furthers my belief that this movie is going to be a shallow movie with not much going for it. This is about all I can expect from what seems to be a B movie, but maybe I’m wrong after all every movie earns awards.

Over all I’m not expecting much from this movie, but there’s always the chance that I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

No Comment