About Me

January 20th, 2016

My name is Signe Trewyn, I’m 21 years old and a senior at UW-Whitewater. I’m majoring in Broadcast/Print/Web journalism and I really love what I do for journalism, I find it enjoyable yet challenging. I decided I love a good challenge so that I can ensure I learn as much as I can. My minor is Communication and I love to be able to talk to people using what I have learned in class.

Throughout my college career, I have been fortunate enough to be able to travel the world. So far, I have been to Ecuador, Spain and Ireland. I have found those experiences to be quite enjoyable. This summer I will travel to Ireland and Brazil, I feel lucky to be able to travel. I feel as though it is a great learning experience.

During my time at UW-Whitewater I have also had time to become involved with the Royal Purple and the 91.7 radio station. I am on the air one day a week and host a show called “Back to the 80’s” where I play 80’s music throughout the show. I have had a lot of fun with this experience because I got materials for my portfolio as well as new friends. I also have a show at Janesville Community Radio and I enjoy it very much. The Royal Purple has taught me a lot about how a newsroom is run as well as improved my reporting skills. I have also made many friends while I was involved with the newspaper as well.

This spring I graduate and I know I will miss everyone here at UW-Whitewater. I’m not sure what I will do with my life but something for sure with radio or print journalism. I am actually looking at doing the travel section of the Journal Sentinel in Milwaukee, but I am open to anything.

Trackback URI | Comments RSS