Extreme Makeover, Blog Edition

resizedimage600279-extra

After completing the Functional Web Design course on NewsU, I made three changes to my blogs appearance.

First, I added a search bar so users can find previous posts much easier. Second, I added a social media widget underneath to gain more audience attraction to my Facebook and Instagram. Once I have created my LinkedIn account, I will add that to the list as well. Third, I changed my header image to something more seasonally appropriate. Since I don’t have a main news story and photo to place hierarchy on, I thought adding a fall photo seemed a bit better.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Extreme Makeover, Blog Edition

1. Joseph Kubicki says:

I think that these are some good changes you made to your site. Some of these I even did as well. I like your idea of adding the social media links to your site and also the fall picture makes it more welcoming. In my next phase of changes I plan to add social media to my blog. However, I don’t know that it would be the best picture to use of this type of blog about the media and other related topics.

2. Angelic Thompson says:

I thought the changes you made to your blog were really good. It shows that you understand and got a lot of information out of the NewsU course. Your blog is very easy to navigate around. Good job!

3. Calvin says:

I like the fact you added a search bar and your social media sites. Having a search bar is obviously really important because it reduces the time that users have to go through in order to find a specific post. I like the social media links to because for bloggers that post their content and other stories there, it offers another way for people to get information and explore other mediums. I like it. *thumbs up emoji*

4. James says:

Howdy I am so excitedd I found your web site, I really found you by accident, while I was researching on Google for something else, Anyhow Iam here now and would just like to say thanks a lot for a
    remarkable post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I have book-marked
    it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do
    keep up the excellent work.