A man named Peter…

20 year old, Peter Szozda is an Aircraft Hydraulic Specialist in the United States Air Force.

As an Aircraft Hydraulic Specialist, Szozda examines the aircraft hydraulic systems, manages malfunctions, maintains inspection and repair records and discards of harmful waste.

“Being an Aircraft Hydraulic Mechanic is interesting. Some days I will go home soaked head to toe in hydraulic fluid, known as carcinogen, and it smells wonderful,” he laughed. “I’ve learned a lot about what it’s like being a mechanic and working with your hands.”

Szozda joined the Air Force after he graduated from Oak Creek High School in 2014 and has experienced many changes, both mentally and emotionally.

“Joining the Air Force has definitely changed me. When most people join, they are straight of high school or close to it and have never had any real experience on their own,” he explained. “The military changes that very quickly, as one is thrown into a life where you can control everything you do. It’s a huge responsibility thrown on your shoulders and it’s quite the thing to get used to,” Szozda said.

Aside from working for the Air Force, Szozda is both musically and artistically talented.

He plays the guitar, both electric and acoustic, the ukulele, the drums, and the piano.

He has been playing the piano since kindergarten, but just recently started playing guitar and bass.

Szozda has many inspirations when it comes to music.

“Well, I would have to say a major inspiration would be my family,” he said. “Almost all of them are musically talented and everyone has potential. When I started playing the guitar, my first actual serious instrument, I was just trying to get some attention from my siblings and people; something to put me on the radar I guess. But, from there, it took off a lot more than I was expecting and it went from me trying to impress, to me just enjoying the music,” Szozda explained.

Aside from his many talents in music, he is a very artistic person.

“I remember drawing as a kid, absolutely random stuff, like most kids, and I remember drawing hundreds of space ships,” he explained.

One of my major inspirations to start drawing was my mom; not exactly pushing me to draw, but showing me what she drew. I remember her bringing up an old sketch book and it was filled with drawings of pretty much everything. Mostly animals though. I thought it was the coolest thing and it kind of made me want to draw like that,” Szozda said.

Along with discovering his love for music, Szozda has played multiple sports such as basketball, football and track.

“I think my reason for playing sports is for more of how far I can push myself before I break more than, this sport would be very fun, Szozda explains. “I guess I just love challenging myself.”

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.