- You must be or have been enrolled at UW-Whitewater when the internship was completed.
- You must be enrolled as a student at UW-Whitewater when the entry is submitted.
- You must be enrolled at UW-Whitewater at the time of selection OR have graduated from UW-Whitewater within a year of the time of selection.
The Intern Spotlight student will be selected on the 20th of each month, September through May. To be considered for a particular month, your complete submission must be received by the 20th of the preceding month (i.e. Received by August 20th to be in the September Intern Spotlight).
- Use your best writing skills. Career & Leadership Development reserves the right to edit any submission for improper grammar and spelling.
- You may submit an entry more than once, but only one feature per student will be awarded.
- Submissions become the property of Career & Leadership Development and may be used for promotional purposes in the future.
A complete submission includes:
- A completed application form.
- A photo of yourself. This could be a headshot, a photo of you on the job, or image another displaying the experience you had. You must have authorization to release the photo for website publication. If your photo was taken at your internship work site, please ask your supervisor for approval before submitting.
- A nomination form completed by your internship site supervisor.
All entries will be reviewed. Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Internship Experience
- Relevance to career interest
- Accomplishments achieved and/or degree of responsibility held during the experience
- Contribution to the employing organization
- Responses to Application Questions
- Grammar, Spelling, & Punctuation – Error Free
- Strength of Employer Nomination Form
The selected student (one per month, September through May) will be notified via email of his/her selection for the Intern Spotlight.
Each Intern Spotlight student will be recognized in the following ways: