Here in Career & Leadership Development, we don’t just write about interns, we hire them, too! Applications are now being accepted for the 2012-13 academic year. Here is a run-down of the available opportunities. All are paid positions.
- Budget Specialist Intern (15 hours/week): The Budget Specialist Intern will be working in the new Student Involvement Office (to be located where the existing Women’s Resource Center is presently located). This intern will assist SUF (Segregated University Fees) funded student organizations in understanding how to request, access, and use their SUF monies.
- Involvement Interns (3 positions – 15 hours/week): Again working out of the new Student Involvement Office, the Involvement Interns will be responsible for staffing the Office, helping students with JOIN!, working with students to develop involvement plans, and presenting to New Student Seminar classes and student organizations.
- Pride Interns (3 positions – 15 hours/week): The three Pride Interns will be responsible for staffing the PB Poorman PRIDE Center, supporting educational programs and connecting with faculty, staff, and organizations that address LGBT student issues.
- SEAL Interns (12 positions – 15-20 hours/week): The Student Entertainment & Awareness League is UW-Whitewater’s primary programming board, bringing you bands, comedians, movies, night clubs, and a whole host of other fun activities. The available roles are as follows:
- Community Service Intern: Coordinates the America Reads program as well as other service initiatives.
- Entertainment Interns: Coordinate a variety of events designed to bring the campus community together in socially entertaining ways.
- Greek Life Intern: Implements Greek life initiatives, educational programs, and alumni outreach.
- Management Intern: Responsible for the day-to-day operation of SEAL and outreach to student groups for opinions and collaboration.
- Movie Interns: Coordinate weekly weekend movies.
- Large Events Intern: Coordinates larger weekend entertainment events and acts as a liaison with Residence Life.
- Promotions Intern: Assists all SEAL Interns with additional promotional support and promotes events electronically (Facebook, Twitter, videos, etc.).
- Graphic Designers (10-15 hours/week): Seeking a career in graphic design? This ideal opportunity provides you with real design experience working on projects for Career & Leadership Development as well as SEAL.
- Front Desk Staff (8-12 hours/week): Work on the front lines of Career & Leadership Development. Our Front Desk Staff are responsible for the reception and clerical needs of the office.
While not a part of Career & Leadership Development, you can also apply to be a Campus Service Officer (CSO – formerly Event Crew). Working 7-15 hours/week, you will serve as a resource to students, faculty, staff, and visitors of the campus community by providing awareness of security. The CSOs will assist with officer duties, such as pedestrian crossing and night patrol. CSOs will also assist in executing the campus’ Special Event Policy and the Academic Building Manager duties. Shifts vary between early morning, late night, and weekends.
- Applications are available at http://www.uww.edu/involve/employment.php. The entire application process is done electronically.
- Complete and submit the online application.
- Send your resume to email@example.com.
- Have 2 references complete and submit the online reference form at http://www.uww.edu/involve/jobreference.php.
- Applications are due by Friday, March 23. Completed applications must include the online application, 2 references, and a resume.
- Interviews will be held on April 12th and 13th.
- Decisions and notifications will be made the week of April 23rd.
- A new employee meeting will take place before the end of the spring semester.
If you have questions about these employment opportunities or the application process, contact Melissa Grosso at GrossoM@uww.edu.