The Cisco/Presidio Teaching with Technology Innovator Honorarium is a recognition that will be bestowed upon an instructor who displays an outstanding commitment to leveraging learning technologies to solve common teaching challenges related to creating rich learning experiences to increase student success.
Eligibility and Expectations
There is an open call for applicants for this recognition. Any individual who applies must have taught at least six credits for the past year to be eligible. If selected to be the Teaching with Technology Innovator, the individual will receive a $2000 honorarium and must agree to:
- Attend the Celebrating Teaching and Learning Conference (May 20, 2020), where they will be recognized at the lunch;
- Have their name and picture highlighted in a Learning Technology Center blog post and in ConnectIT (an Instructional, Communication, and Information Technology newsletter);
- Have their name and photograph displayed in the Learning Technology Center; and
- Partner with the Learning Technology Center to highlight their work during the Fall 2020 and/or Spring 2021 semester.
Please note: this honorarium counts toward the 20% base salary overload maximum.
Submission of Application Materials
- Application packages must include a: Personal reflection (1-2 pages) that includes the applicant’s teaching philosophy and the role technology plays in it, specifically discussing how they have demonstrated the innovative and effective use of learning technologies to create rich learning experiences for students that work to increase retention and success.
- Portfolio of 3-5 items that serve as evidence of their teaching philosophy and the role technology plays in it, as well as ways their use of technology contributes to student learning and success. Possible items include, but are not limited to: Sample course materials (e.g., relevant course syllabi, assignment handouts, feedback from students, etc.).
- Letters of support from students, colleagues, or leadership.
- Course evaluation data.
- Evidence of student impact (e.g., grades, learning, etc.) after trying a technology intervention.
- Examples of how the instructor contributes to their college, campus community, and beyond related to teaching and learning with technology.
Materials must be submitted through Qualtrics Materials must be submitted through Qualtrics (http://uwwhitewater.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_e540iyLuPKwMIf3) by February 25, 2020. If materials are missing, an individual’s application may not be considered.
Application packages will be reviewed by a committee comprised of Learning Technology Center (LTC) Staff and members of the LTC Advisory Group (which is comprised of 1-2 instructors from each college) after the deadline.
About the Sponsors
This award is sponsored by Presidio and Cisco Systems in conjunction with UWW’s Division of Instructional, Communication, and Information Technology (ICIT) and ICIT’s Learning Technology Center (LTC). Presidio and Cisco are proud of their work with institutions of higher education to inspire learning and connect campuses to enhance student outcomes. ICIT and the LTC are dedicated to working with instructors to understand teaching challenges, explore solutions, implement strategies, and evaluate their effectiveness.
If you have questions, please reach out to the Learning Technology Center (LTC@uww.edu).