On Thursday, April 2nd, Desire2Learn deployed Service Pack 17 to our D2L Learning Environment. In this latest update, the following fixes and enhancements were included:
- Fix: Users will no longer receive an error in the Content tool when there were Quiz topics that had Start Dates in the future and Due Dates attached. Users can typically see these “future” topics, but they are not accessible based on their Start Date.
- Fix: In the Overview section in Content, users can now scroll to the bottom of long HTML files in all supported browsers.
- Fix: In the Compose Email window, buttons in the confirmation popup now function properly. The confirmation popup appears when a user tries to send an email with no subject or no body.
- Fix: The Equation Editor now loads successfully for on‐premise clients that may have different load balancer settings.
- Fix: Cascading course enrollment news items are not pushed to users. Only explicit course enrollment news items are pushed to users. Minibar alerts now also consistently show for new news items. Previously, users with cascading enrollments might have received a high volume of news items instead of news items only for courses they were explicitly enrolled in.
- Fix: Ordering questions now successfully show response-level feedback in quiz attempts. Previously, only overall question feedback showed, and the response-specific feedback was never displayed to users.
- Fix: Users can now move questions in the Question Library back into previously-used sections or the collection root successfully.
- Fix: The Maximum Grade and Minimum Grade columns have been renamed Maximum Final and Minimum Final as they represent the maximum and minimum potential final grades a user could receive within their course.
- Fix: User Progress now shows the full name of the user instead of “Anonymous User” when auditing a user.
- Fix: The box plot charts within User Progress can now be disabled for a specific course by disabling the new Display box plots of the class grade distribution for graded items setting in User Progress Settings > Progress Report Information Settings area.
- Fix: The Grades Summary: Grades Received data in User Progress now respects the date filtering which can be applied and shows grades received for the last 7 days, 30 days, or all time.
- Fix: The change made in Service Pack 14 to the My Courses widget’s Last Accessed list where users with cascading roles and/or users who have a large number of courses were sorted alphabetically has been reverted. Courses now are listed in order of when they were last visited.
If you have any questions or concerns about the service pack updates, please contact UW-W D2L Support.