Now that all courses are in Canvas, we are in full swing of working on the retirement and shutdown of the Desire2Learn (D2L) service.
As we plan for the retirement of D2L, the key dates to remember are listed below.
October – December 2019
- Do you have an Other or Ongoing course in D2L? Are you still using a D2L course for your department, organization, or committee? Now is the time to move those over to Canvas. Fill out this form to request your Ongoing course in Canvas.
- Is there a course that you teach once a year, or once every two years? Migrate it now! Follow this guide to move your course material to Canvas.
January 17th, 2020:
- To make things easier for students, the D2L link will be removed from the campus website. However, the login page will continue to be accessible by going to https://uww.edu/desire2learn
- D2L will be flipped into “read-only” mode. Users will still be able to login to save and export content, but they will not be able to create any new content or participate in any courses.
January – April 2020:
- Have you migrated your content from D2L to Canvas? If not – now is the time! Follow this guide to move over your material. Don’t forget about those courses that are not taught on a regular basis!
March 1st, 2020:
- Last day to request student interactions export. Fill out this form to request an export of the student activity (discussion posts, dropbox submissions, grades) in your course. This is meant as an export only, and it cannot be imported into Canvas or any other system. Please allow 7 business days for processing and requests must be received before March 1st, 2020.
June 1st, 2020:
- Desire2Learn access will be disabled. Plan to backup and export any material before this date.
Please contact UW-W Desire2Learn Support with any questions around the retirement of the service.
- Is there a way to export student activity and grades from my course?
Yes! We have an export report available that allows us to export student activity for: Checklists, Content, Course Files, Discussions, Dropbox, Grades, Group contribution/locker, Homepages, News, Quizzes and Release Conditions. Fill out this form to request a student activity export. Please allow 7 business days for processing. Requests must be received by March 1st, 2020.
- How can I migrate my course from D2L to Canvas?
Follow the steps in this guide to export your course from D2L and import it into Canvas.
- Can I create an “Ongoing” course in Canvas?
Yes! Fill out this form to request the ongoing course. Please allow 2 business days for processing.
- I created a course in Canvas, but I can’t add students.
Only “Ongoing” courses can have students added to them. Request an Ongoing course using this form, then follow these directions to copy your materials over.