The Turnitin service is now available. The service was unavailable between 8:20am and 11:45am on Friday, January 22, 2016.
The Turnitin service is currently experiencing an intermittent service disruption. Originality Check, Grademark and Peermark may be currently inaccessible. The issue started around 8:20am on Friday, January 22, 2016. The vendor is working to resolve the issue. We will post additional updates as they are received.
If you have any questions or concerns about this outage, please contact D2L Support.
Spring 2016 D2L course requests are available in the D2L Course Request Application.
As a reminder, course requests for a semester become available on the first day of priority registration for students, and course shells for D2L need to be requested for every semester you plan on using D2L.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact UW-W D2L Support.
Welcome back to the Fall 2015 Semester! While there was not a big Desire2Learn (D2L) upgrade this summer, we were busy with a number of changes.
Amy Williams is now the new Desire2Learn Site Administrator. She will be available to help answer any questions and support issues. Please continue to use the D2L Support Form to report your problems.
There were also a few significant fixes for D2L:
- Content items made in files such as Articulate, Adobe Captivate, iSpring, and Adobe Presenter now display correctly. Service Pack 20 corrected an issue where these files displayed very small.
- Images saved to discussion posts no longer appear as broken links.
- YouTube videos are now able to be embedded into HTML Content pages using the Insert Stuff tool.
For a full list of fixes from the summer, see: D2L Service Update (6/25).
The following new service offerings and enhancements are also available:
- Cisco WebEx: D2L Integration
- Important/Exporting Calendars. Documentation on both importing and exporting on our Instructional Resources wiki.
- A detailed explanation of what integrations with D2L are available, and how to request new integrations can be found at: D2L Integrations.
- The D2L homepage now contains an “Instructor Tutorials” widget underneath the “Instructor Resources” widget. Here you can find links to new and updated tutorials found on our Instructional Resources wiki.
We have numerous resources available if you need assistance with D2L.
If you have not already done so, don’t forget to request for your Fall 2015 Courses! Courses requested by 3pm on business days will be available the following morning.
Good luck with the beginning of the semester! If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of these points, please do not hesitate to contact UW-W Desire2Learn Support.
Turnitin services, including Originality Check, Peermark, and Grademark, will be mostly unavailable during a scheduled maintenance period on Saturday, August 15, 2015, from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (CT).
During this outage window, students should not submit files to a Dropbox folder that has Turnitin enabled, and instructors should not create new Dropbox folders with Turnitin enabled.
An announcement will appear to users within Turnitin in advance of when the system will be unavailable for the scheduled maintenance.
Instructors are encouraged to modify assignment due dates either before or at least several hours after the scheduled maintenance window. If possible, it’s also advised that instructors change the end date on all Dropbox folders that are utilizing Turnitin so that students won’t inadvertently submit during the outage window.
Please note, any Dropbox folders in a D2L course that are currently NOT utilizing the Turnitin Originality Check, ending before the outage window, or starting after the outage window do NOT have to be altered.
If you have any questions or concerns about this outage, please contact UW-W D2L Support.
As many of you remember, when we took our last D2L upgrade over the summer, the discussion tool got a major overhaul. There were some key features that were not included in the new version. D2L has heard our feedback, and we are happy to announce that the Grid View and the Print all Threads option has returned! These features were included in Service Pack 13, which was deployed on Thursday, January 8th, 2015.
The Reading View will remain the default view for all courses. Individual users can set a Default View on the “Account Settings” page.
We have created the following step by step guides:
Other issues fixed in this update:
- Fix: Previously deleted event occurrences are no longer recreated unexpectedly when users edit a recurring event in Calendar.
- Fix: Users’ sorting and filter options are now preserved when they navigate through a discussion by using the browser’s Back button.
- Fix: Deleted grade schemes no longer affect the performance of User Progress.
- Fix: A performance improvement was mode for copying courses that contain a large number of release conditions.
If you have any questions or concerns about the service pack updates, please contact UW-W D2L Support.
Struggling with Desire2Learn (D2L)? Register for the updated D2L Starter Course! The Starter Course has been developed to allow you to quickly leverage D2L in an online, hybrid, or face-to-face class format.
The recently updated “D2L Starter Course (December 2014)” is a D2L course that includes a number of useful templates and other resources available for you to copy and modify for use in your D2L courses. The course has updated links, templates, and addresses many of the 5th edition Quality Matters standards.
- Content Organization including a “Start Here” module and unit modules
- Student resources for D2L assistance, UW-W policies and procedures, campus services, library resources, and resources for students with special needs
- Sample D2L Rubrics that can be linked to the gradebook or dropbox
- Links to the Online Learning Resources site, including an Online Readiness Assessment
- A mid-course student evaluation survey to help you gauge that the course is meeting your (and your students’) expectations
- A LockDown Browser quiz to ensure your students are prepared to take a D2L quiz that is set up to use LockDown Browser
- Discussion starter ideas for online discussions administered in the D2L discussion forum
We welcome any suggestions or comments about the new starter course. Your feedback allows us to continuously improve the resources we provide to support faculty and staff.
Questions and feedback can be sent to UW-W D2L Support.
The D2L eGrading process is now available for the Fall 2014 semester. This process allows instructors to transfer final grades from their Desire2Learn Gradebook directly to their WINS Grade Roster.
If you prefer step by step documentation, that can be found at: WINS eGrading Overview.
If you have any questions or concerns with the eGrading process, please contact UW-W Desire2Learn Support.